Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

How's your bike maintenance going?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Today was my every 2 weeks bike maintenance session.

My routine is:
    Degresser for the drive train
    Wash bike
    WD40 certain part of the bike (I live near the ocean so rust is an issue)
    Re-lube drivetrain & cables
    Polish bike

Oh, and today I have perfected my tyre/tube changing ability. I'm usually really slow at it, but I reckon I've cracked it. The new (and improved) pump is certainly doing it's job.

It's not that feminine, but I kinda enjoy getting grease on my hands.

Admittingly, I have alot to learn. Adjusting my derailer is next on my "Must learn to do" list.

Happy riding

yikes, i'm impressed. i'm not anywhere as diligent. i consider it impressive if i wipe my bike off and super impressive if i run the scotch pad over the tires to remove any potential flat causing debris (live in NYC and we have lots of debris on the road).

wow, your bike must love you but i'm not gonna let my bike near your post!

I'm only fussy about the chain, because of being nagged by my LBS about it. Oh, it didn't help that I ruined my cassette by not looking after the drivetrain. I reckon it's cheaper to replace a well-maintained chain, than it is to replace a cassette.

My bike is not getting any younger & alot of wear and tear was caused by a year's worth of lack of maintance. I'm not going to let it get any worse - I can't afford any major repairs.

Happy riding