Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know some women who insert a shoulder pad in their skinsuit. Remember shoulder pads? Don't you wish you kept all the ones you removed during the 80s?

From a technique pov, try shouldering a bit higher (toward your neck) so you place the bike on the meaty part of your shoulder, not on the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by spokewench View Post
    Re: your bruised shoulder. I've seen a lot of people pad their top tube so it doesn't bruise them so much. Looks kind of funky, but it is cyclocross after all. Just a thought

spoke

Yeah - I was talking about how much it hurt to shoulder the bike (I have no natural padding on my shoulders so it feels like the darn bike grinds right on my bones!) and one of my team mates said *don't* pad the bike. She said you bruise up and it hurts the first couple of times, but then you get used to it (kind of like breaking your butt into a saddle). If you pad then you never get used to it and you always have a low level of bruising/painfulness.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N