Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    I have to get size large ladies gloves for winter as well for regular stuff. My favorite pick is Isotoner's. They are pricey normally, but good gloves. I usually buy leather, sometimes they run snugged in the palm and fit to start with, because leather is intended to stretch.

Guess I'm going for guys cycling gloves on my search. Thanks for the input!
    I think my hands are bigger - I can't even wear the XL Isotoners if I can find them - especially if they are lined. I did ask my parents recently who I get to blame for the large bone structure... between gloves & saddle issues it's been a blast, let me tell you apparently I get to blame the little bit of dutch blood in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokomis View Post
    I think my hands are bigger - I can't even wear the XL Isotoners if I can find them - especially if they are lined. I did ask my parents recently who I get to blame for the large bone structure... between gloves & saddle issues it's been a blast, let me tell you apparently I get to blame the little bit of dutch blood in me.
    Nokomis... Too bad about the Isotoners for you, drats!

Yes, my mother said I was "special" ...but she never specified "how" , hmmm...lol, oh well on that one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    I currently don't own any cold weather gear, and am getting ready to change that.

Last year, I started the search for full fingered gloves, with little luck due to two things on the fit: 1) I have long fingers for my hand size width, and 2) I have long manicured nails--gels, french pink & whites. I get lots of comments about the nails. You either love them or hate them....or some say that would love to have them, but they could never do anything with their hands. Well, I love them, and can type on the pc, even so at work, etc.

So, despite the advice of one LBS, that I should just "cut my nails off" in order to find bike gloves that fit me is just "boy hog wash" . I can NOT be the only lady in the world that has my hand fit situation that rides a bike! I thought if anyone would have some picks on gloves to fit me, you ladies would know.

My hand width measures about 7 inches snuggly across the knuckles. The length of the base of my palm, to the tip of the middle finger nail is about 7 1/2 inches. The only fingerless gloves I have owned are found on this web site, Pearl Izumi Gel Lite Tour Glove, and inside my glove that fits now says "S-M". My hands are not really that "thick & meaty" but more wide, and more "skinny/boney"--kinda think of a musician's hands.

If the post will take it, I am going to attach a pic of my hand to complete the puzzle search (sorry just the cell cam quality, but you'll get the idea). No glove size charts that I have found depicts finger length? Any "trial and error" picks are appreciated...and bonus, what thickness/warmth for what temps/conditions--new to cycling, and still learning. Thanks Ladies!
    You should check out TallFingers at TallFingers.com. TallFingers is an apparel company that specifically designs gloves for men and women with long fingers. They don't currently offer a cycling-specific glove, but they may well in the future, and they have very nice leather dress gloves.