Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

2007 Road Race Nationals - Bombay Hills in October

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey there
    Anyone from TE going to these?

The dates are around Labour weekend - I think they start on the 18th October and finish on the 21st.

My partner and 3 of my sons will be riding, so we'll be going up.

They'll need a road race bike, and a TT bike each... so that's 8, and our trailer only fits 7, and I really wanted to take my bike so I could ride the TT course while I was up there (I'm still a year or two away from being good enough to try the TT at this level).

Not sure how we are going to take 9 bikes, associated gear, plus sleeping stuff for the few days we'll be up there...

Anyways, we have a van towing a big yellow trailer, so if you make it to the event, please come say hi - would enjoy meeting up with other TE-ers... and if you are racing, I'd love to know so I can cheer you on.
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 08-11-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Come to the Karaka-Kingseat area before/over Labour Weekend

OK... October tomorrow...

That means the NZ ROAD CYCLING NATIONAL competition is only three weeks away...

http://www.bikenz.org.nz/Article.aspx?ID=23966

We will be up there on Wednesday and leaving on Sunday

We are staying at Clarks Beach... So... if you are going to watch or compete, look out for the van towing the big yellow trailer - thats us!

Come and say hi to me - I'm support crew again this year and not racing.
    I'd love to meet up with some Kiwi TE-ers!

My partner and two of my sons are all TT-ing on Thursday

My 13 year old's race is Friday, my partner is on Saturday and my 16 year old races on Sunday.

Thursday
    Time Trial - All Grades

Friday
    Road Race - U15 Boys, U15 Girls, U19 Men, Masters 1 Men, Masters 6 Men, Masters 7 Men, U19 Women, U17 Girls

Saturday
    Road Race - Masters 1 Women*, Masters 2 Women*, AWD Women, Masters 3 Men, Masters 4 Men, AWD Men, Masters 5 Men, Hand Bikes (AWD), Senior Women, Masters 2 Men,

Sunday
    Senior Men, U17 Boys, Tandems (AWD)

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    OK... October tomorrow...

That means the NZ ROAD CYCLING NATIONAL competition is only three weeks away...

http://www.bikenz.org.nz/Article.aspx?ID=23966

We will be up there on Wednesday and leaving on Sunday

We are staying at Clarks Beach... So... if you are going to watch or compete, look out for the van towing the big yellow trailer - thats us!

Come and say hi to me - I'm support crew again this year and not racing.
    I'd love to meet up with some Kiwi TE-ers!

My partner and two of my sons are all TT-ing on Thursday

My 13 year old's race is Friday, my partner is on Saturday and my 16 year old races on Sunday.

Thursday
    Time Trial - All Grades

Friday
    Road Race - U15 Boys, U15 Girls, U19 Men, Masters 1 Men, Masters 6 Men, Masters 7 Men, U19 Women, U17 Girls

Saturday
    Road Race - Masters 1 Women*, Masters 2 Women*, AWD Women, Masters 3 Men, Masters 4 Men, AWD Men, Masters 5 Men, Hand Bikes (AWD), Senior Women, Masters 2 Men,

Sunday
    Senior Men, U17 Boys, Tandems (AWD)

Hey Road Raven

I shall come and find you Obviously I won't be racing

Jan

Millie! Jan!

That would be very cool to meet up with another TE-er

We're all gearing up now - I have to make sure I bring loads of arnica oil - think I'll be massaging a few tired legs next week!

Here is a link to the race programme for any interest:
    http://www.bikenz.org.nz/Article.aspx?ID=23967
    There are quite a few "Ramblers" going up - most excellent!

There'll be four of us... eldest son is staying here to look after puppy, orphan lamb and calves and various other sundry bits and pieces. Youngest son is staying with grandparents.

Millie... am about to PM you
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 10-11-2007 at 09:55 AM.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,

Well, I have "texted" so many people and today have temporary access to the 'net' so thought I would log in here quickly to tell you gals the news...

After several years of trying, being dogged by mechanical and health issues... I am proud I can finally announce I am married to the NZ Masters 3 National Time Trial Champ.

Yup, my partner bought home the gold!!!!!

Not only did he bring home the gold, he also had the second fastest time on the day at 28:37 over the 20km rolling course full of tight corners and several roads... Masters 2 Lester Settle had the fastest time of 28:16. Only 4 men came in under 29 minutes

I am so proud... he has worked so very very hard and been so extraordinarily disciplined.

My sons both did creditable times coming in the middle of their fields. It was such a relief to have them all safe home - very nerve-racking on what was a technically dangerous course - such as going round an intersection which was downhill descent from both directions...

Bike NZ have the TT results here:
    http://www.bikenz.org.nz/Article.aspx?ID=24497

yay

WAAHOOOOOEYYYY!!!!

Congrats to Mr RR..

That's wonderful new RR. Please give your dear a big hug!

C

Congrats to all your boys RR!!!
    @LIGHTSABE*R(::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Beginner Triathlete Log

Well, unfortunately Millie and I were unable to meet up... (thanks for your PMs)

but thank you to CC and LS for your "woohoo's"

On the scale of the world, this is maybe a smallish thing... but its pretty damn big for us, and for Ramblers... and for those masters men whom missed out... I can imagine they'll be talking about my partner's ride on and off til next year's Nats, just as he had been poring over previous year's results and finding about the riders behing the names in the results books!

It was interesting... in the road race on Saturday, one of the other Ramblers had been up and down the peloton, and my partners race number was written on the stems of the other cyclists - he was a "marked man".

The club also had a "mini-celebration" for our medal winners before the club race after the Nationals (Ramblers won its fair share of medals and got 3rd place in the club standings) and gave each of the medal winners a bunch of flowers and also acknowledged Westley Gough for his "Track Cyclist of the Year" award.

And Jeremy Yates and Jeremy Venell took out 1st place in the K2 just a week or so back.

All in all, a very good year for the club
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 11-04-2007 at 07:01 PM.