Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Camelbak Women's Models

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anyone been using any of the new women's specific Camelbaks? I'm considering the LUXE but am concerned that it might be too small for my 5'10" bod. I have an old (18 years) MULE that I'd like to trade in. (OK, the bladder's only a coupla years old )

Any reviews? Comments? Suggestions?
    the day you stop riding is the day you die.

I have the Daystar and I'm glad I do, because I can't wear my son's classic due to boobage. The little strap across the chest is just too low.

Karen

I just got a magic....I like it.

I'm 5'10" and have the Dream model. works fine!

I've been using the 2007 "Magic" this summer, and I like it. The sternum strap is up high. I'm pretty tall (5'10"), but I still like how short & small this pack is, so that I can access my jersey pockets pretty easily. It's right for a 2-hour or so ride. But I do find the cargo space too small. Any ride longer and you'll definitely want more cargo space and a bigger bladder.

My 2nd choice would be the "Lobo." It's not women's specific, but I looks right for a 2 or 3 hour ride. It has adequate cargo, and a huge bladder.
    Last edited by Voodoo Sally; 08-10-2007 at 09:05 AM.

I just bought this women's Deuter from TE. I love the separated mesh back from Deuter and Vaude as it has the best ventilation that I've found. Hubby has a men's version so we could compare side by side. The SL straps and hip supports are definitely built around the different curves of a woman's torso.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/products.asp?pID=23491
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    I also have the Daystar. It's listed as a "hiking" Camelbak...but I use it mountain biking all the time, and I haven't been arrested for it yet! I also use the Classic for long, hot, road rides - but I admit, the Daystar is more comfortable on my body. It's just too big and bulky for the road (for me).
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Thanks for the tips ladies! I'm heading out to the LBS to check out their inventory. I think it's time to treat myself to a little something.

the day you stop riding is the day you die.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbchik View Post
    Has anyone been using any of the new women's specific Camelbaks? I'm considering the LUXE but am concerned that it might be too small for my 5'10" bod. I have an old (18 years) MULE that I'd like to trade in. (OK, the bladder's only a coupla years old )

Any reviews? Comments? Suggestions?
    I am 5'7'' and I have the luxe and it fits great, I use it all the time. It's very adjustable and the straps are very comfortable on my not so petite frame. I reccomend it. It also fits better than the men's camelbaks I tried on..

I went for a less expensive women's Camelbak, the Aurora: http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recre...11-Aurora.aspx

I am very small and I wouldn't want anything any larger. It fits well and is easily adjustable. I am happy enough, though I am not delighted with riding with something on my back. It kind of bugs me.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    I am not delighted with riding with something on my back. It kind of bugs me.
    If you get a model with a waist strap, you can loosen the shoulder straps and let the weight of the pack rest on your hipbones instead of your back. That's the only way I can ride comfortably with a pack.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    If you get a model with a waist strap, you can loosen the shoulder straps and let the weight of the pack rest on your hipbones instead of your back. That's the only way I can ride comfortably with a pack.
    In retrospect, I probably should have gone up a notch to the Magic, which has the waist strap but still is pretty small.
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD
    Cannondale Quick4
    1969 Schwinn Collegiate, original owner
    Terry Classic

Richard Feynman: “The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.”

Interesting....I could have sworn I had the Aurora, but mine has a waist strap. I wonder if I have a newer or older model. But, yes, I prefer having a waist strap.

ETA: I'm an idjit. I just looked up the Magic, and that's what I have. In the words of Emily Litella (if anyone is old enough to remember SNL circa 1976), "nevermind."
    Last edited by indysteel; 11-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Quote Originally Posted by goldfinch View Post
    I went for a less expensive women's Camelbak, the Aurora: http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recre...11-Aurora.aspx

I am very small and I wouldn't want anything any larger. It fits well and is easily adjustable.
    I also have the Aurora. I'm a petite 5'4 and the Aurora was the best fit for me among the available models in my LBS. The larger ones were uncomfortable, especially around the chest level straps. The Aurora is a perfect fit, and I've been very happy with it.
    --Nick
    2012 Santa Cruz Juliana R xc (blue)
    Vintage Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo 24 speed (red)

I have the LUXE and I love it. It's the first pack that has fit comfortable with my chest. (36C)

I am short at 5' but the straps seem really adjustable. I have them about as short as they will go, but there is probably 4-5 inches of strap that could be let out.

2010 Jamis Durango 2
    2010 Jamis Race Femme
    2008 Felt Tk2
    2007 Quintana Roo Dulce