Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Disco news

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

Disco news

To disable ads, please log-in.

I guess Conti's press statement was just a "I'm clean" thing.
    But news...Discovery hasn't found a new title sponsor. I thought they did?
    Hmmmmm.....
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g07/aug10news2
    Well....we'll always have Slipstream!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Phew! That's what I figured it would be. But with the way things have been going this year . . . I was scared.

Click here for the announcement. . .

$45 million for three years. That's a lot of change. It just may be out of Team Amici Veloci's fundraising reach.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

That's such a shame. Hopefully, guys like Levi and Tom Danielson have things in the works to move to other teams at the end of the season. I also wonder where Johann will end up.

On the flip side, this does really open things up for Slipstream to become the big American team in cycling.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Although I've chosen to be perhaps naiively optimistic about doping and US Postal and then Discovery, having read the various statements online, I can't help but think this is more about "this is not a good time for us to be in cycling" than "we can't find a sponsor."

A sad day in any event and I hope all involved are able to find new situations, not just the riders but all the support folks as well.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...g07/aug10news3

bummer It's official- no new sponsor.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    I find it amazing (and sad) that a team that's won 8 TdF's can't find a title sponsor. If they were in the NFL, and had won 8 Superbowl's in 9 years, cities would be falling all over themselves to get their name on that team.
    For Pete's sake...they had 3 riders in the top 8 - 2 on the podium - in 2007!
    Sigh.
    I would certainly hope guys like Levi and Conti won't have trouble finding a new team. Levi didn't dazzle, but he's consistent (perhaps that's the mark of a clean rider???).
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Wow, even the BBC picked up on this one: Top team quits amid cycling woes. The tone of that article is a bit different than the article I read at Velonews. And, apparently Johann's choosing to retire after this season.

You're right, Regina, this is another example of how differently cycling is viewed compared to other sports, especially here in the U.S.
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Such a bummer! Yet baseball is celebrating someone breaking the home run record, who has been suspected of doping for years. In cycling, he would have been forced to retire! Not to mention how many chances football players get for rehab. Sad day for Disco fans.
    It's all about the journey (my reason for riding slower)

Quote Originally Posted by ShubieGA View Post
    Yet baseball is celebrating someone breaking the home run record, who has been suspected of doping for years.
    Hey, Lance as been "suspected" of doping for years, too. Personally, I believe both Lance and Barry should be presumed innocent until proven guilty.
    Bork Bork, Hork Hork!!

Very true Adventure Girl. You are right. I just don't want to think about how many football and baseball player would have failed all the testing they are finally starting to do. But I still love Da Bears!
    It's all about the journey (my reason for riding slower)

It's a shame that some big bucks American corporation didn't step up (Microsoft, Chevron... Oprah??) $45 million over 3 years for any of them is nuthin'.

spazz, whose tail is draggin in doggie sadness
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff