Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...

Central Mass people?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Who else is in the Central MA area and would be interested in maybe getting together for a hike or a ride?
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

I'm not in Central Mass but I do ride out that way, I've had turn-arounds in Boyleston and Oxford this summer. Hopefully, my mother will be leaving the nursing home in early September and I won't be spending most of my week-ends in Wisconsin and will be able to ride more this fall. Where were you thinking of riding?

Quote Originally Posted by newfsmith View Post
    I'm not in Central Mass but I do ride out that way, I've had turn-arounds in Boyleston and Oxford this summer. Hopefully, my mother will be leaving the nursing home in early September and I won't be spending most of my week-ends in Wisconsin and will be able to ride more this fall. Where were you thinking of riding?
    I'm pretty open to suggestions for places to ride, and know of some nice areas here (Grafton comes to mind). I'm not very fast on the bike, usually average around 12 mph which I'm sure is partly because I'm on a hybrid. BTW, I noticed you're in Norwood--I grew up in that area (lived in Westwood and then East Walpole)! It would be cool to set up some sort of Central/Eastern Mass. TE ride.
    Last edited by Jolt; 08-08-2007 at 04:55 PM.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

define central...

I'd be interested depending on the locale (probably not more southern routes)....

Quote Originally Posted by tygab View Post
    I'd be interested depending on the locale (probably not more southern routes)....
    Well, I'm in Worcester (but some of the surrounding towns are nicer places to ride).
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Hey Jolt
    I'm in Grafton and ride the roads around here if you are interested. I ride in the 12-14 range. PM me if you want to get together.
    Jody

Jolt, we've done a couple of TE rides over the past 2 years. I led one last year on Labor Day. There's some variation on everyone's speeds and it is hard to make a time that everyone can get together, but it would be fun to try this again...
    I would be willing to lead another ride, out of maybe Stow, so it wouldn't be too far for central MA people to get to. A few of the AMC rides I lead start out of the Stow Airport (Minuteman Airfield) where there is a nice restaurant we can eat at and use the bathroom. Of course, I'd be willing to go to Grafton, but I don't know my way around at all. Let me know, let's talk some dates and I definitely would be willing to lead something.

Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin View Post
    Jolt, we've done a couple of TE rides over the past 2 years. I led one last year on Labor Day. There's some variation on everyone's speeds and it is hard to make a time that everyone can get together, but it would be fun to try this again...
    I would be willing to lead another ride, out of maybe Stow, so it wouldn't be too far for central MA people to get to. A few of the AMC rides I lead start out of the Stow Airport (Minuteman Airfield) where there is a nice restaurant we can eat at and use the bathroom. Of course, I'd be willing to go to Grafton, but I don't know my way around at all. Let me know, let's talk some dates and I definitely would be willing to lead something.

Robyn
    That sounds like a cool idea, and Stow sounds like a reasonable starting place since that's not too far for anyone and you know the area. Labor Day might be a good time again, what do you think?
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

OK, I would say either early Sat. morning of Labor Day weekend, or Labor Day early morning would be good. I'd prefer the Saturday. There are several routes we could do; I have one ride that is about 27 miles, loops around to the Wayside Inn area, has a couple of climbs, and is really pretty. Or, we could do a good amount of miles just riding in Stow, Acton, Boxborough. If we add in a bit of Harvard, I have another route that is really pretty and would be about 25 miles (don't have exact count now), with quite a bit of climbing. I know that area really well, so we could just go out and ride and I could just turn around when we are ready!
    So, let's start "voting" now as to date and then we can decide on the route.

Robyn

Either of those days sounds fine to me.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Sorry guys, that Saturday we are going on a Zoar rafting trip with grand-daughter, Sara. Maybe another fall ride will work for me. Have a great time.

Anyone else interested??
    Saturday, September 1st
    meet at Minuteman Airfield, Stow
    10:00 AM
    When I get a response from anyone, I will email directions.

Robyn

ACK! The Monday would have worked better for me. We're heading to VT that weekend to ride the Kingdom Trails (best MTB in the country, in my opinion!). I'll try to connect with you all another time.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn Maislin View Post
    Anyone else interested??
    Saturday, September 1st
    meet at Minuteman Airfield, Stow
    10:00 AM
    When I get a response from anyone, I will email directions.

Robyn
    Sounds like a plan.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

OK, we can change it to Monday; but it will have to be earlier.
    9:00 AM. Monday, September 3
    Minuteman Airfield, Stow.

Now, let's see who's coming...
    PS. Cathy, you will have to ride in your big ring the whole time with us mortal people.

Robyn