Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

LIsa, i got some chafing when I put my saddle on a different tandem and it wasn't set up exactly right. OW!

(then i readjusted it and it was fine)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

So I guess the basic answer is that it'll almost certainly be fine once I get it adjusted properly, but there's of course no certain way to know that I'll love it until I try it...

Since the width is all in the back, I think it'll be OK. My sit bones are, best I can tell, in the 160-165mm range, so the extra space back there will be nice! The only saddles I've had serious chafing problems with were a Terry and one other women's specific type model, right at the part between nose and the rear portion.

Did I mention I hate waiting? So I jabber.

Thanks, Lisa and Mimi! And Sandra, I'll try to post a review and comparison with a standard B-17 as soon after I get it as possible!

I hate waiting too!!! I ordered Power Grips pedals from Nashbar, along with a pump. They shipped on the 1st, today is the 10th and I'm STILL waiting. Meanwhile, I had to go buy a pump!

Is Nashbar typically slooooooooooooooow?
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseC View Post
    So I guess the basic answer is that it'll almost certainly be fine once I get it adjusted properly, but there's of course no certain way to know that I'll love it until I try it...
    I would not go so far as to say that "it'll almost certainly be fine once I get it adjusted properly"- some women just never get comfortable on Brooks.
    But you DO need to give it a couple of weeks of riding and adjusting to make the final call. Expect some sitbone soreness the first 5-10 rides.

Sandra- you should CALL Nashbar!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sandra- you should CALL Nashbar!
    I called a couple of days ago. They tracked it to a sortation center in Dallas on the 4th and said to give it a few more days.

I'm waiting for todays mail and THEN I AM gonna call AGAIN!

The mail came and no package. I called Nashbar and they said the package departed Dallas yesterday.

I think they are being delivered via pony express or road bike!

The Power Grips came today and they are on the bike! The only problem is, it is almost 6 p.m. and it is 102 degrees outside. As soon as it gets a little cooler tonight, I'm going to try them in my neighborhood. It looks like they could be a bit tricky until I get used to them.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Keep them pretty loose at first. And remember- turn your heel OUTWARDS and pull your foot BACK to get out of them quickly. It's sort of one motion.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sandra,

What Lisa said! I really like my Power Grips. And the company is great to deal with, too, should that ever arise - I managed to break part of the hardware on mine, and even though it was my fault, they sent me another set. Really, really quickly, too - I was very impressed!

Regarding saddles...is it Wednesday yet? Is it Wednesday yet?

I've ridden a short distance with the Power Grips two different times. I like them a lot and had no problems.

It's Monday, but I can't wait until Wednesday to hear about your new saddle. You know we will need pics of the bike with new saddle on it!

ROSE!!! It's WEDNESDAY!!! Well?

Still waiting! *taps fingers on desk impatiently*

So far the UPS tracking thing still says it's on time and should be delivered today, though. It's still early afternoon in my time zone. But I hate waiting!

I unfortunately have some things I have to do tonight, so I won't get in much of a ride on it, if at all. The plan is to Proofide it this evening in between the other stuff I have going on, and hopefully mount it in time to ride to work tomorrow - a 12.5 mile ride. The first serious test will be a forty mile ride on Saturday, if all goes well.

I may also be able to get a few comparison pics tonight if you'd like to see how it looks side by side with a standard B-17.

I may also be able to get a few comparison pics tonight if you'd like to see how it looks side by side with a standard B-17.
    I'd love to if you have time!!!

Well, boo. UPS normally delivers to my building in the early afternoon, and it's now four. I guess I'm out of luck for today. Which is par for the course for me where UPS is concerned. I swear they have my name on some secret black list!

The tracking link still says "on time", but it also has never changed to "on truck for delivery" or anything like that It's been stuck on a status of in transit from Redmond to Seattle all day. Ugh!

Sometimes mine had come really late. I hope it shows up.