Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I once knew a Dancing Water.

I insured a car for a Mercedes. She was driving something considerably less prestigious.

I had a teacher whose maiden name was Sandy Beach.

In my father's catholic family, all of the boys had the middle name Joseph and all of the girls had the middle name Mary.

I had an Aunty Bunny. I did not know her name was Agnes until she passed away.

My own name is actually misspelled. My parents meant to name me after the beautiful, young, flower loving Saint Therese of Liseux; but instead I am named after the staunch german nun St. Teresa. Darn.

Hugs and butterflies,
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

Quote Originally Posted by LBTC View Post
    My own name is actually misspelled. My parents meant to name me after the beautiful, young, flower loving Saint Therese of Liseux; but instead I am named after the staunch german nun St. Teresa. Darn.
    Hey, as Gump would say, "Namesake is as namesake does!" If you are more beautiful, young and flower-loving than staunch, claim Therese!
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

My brother had a friend in elementary school named "George George George."

For a long time one of the popular trivia bits here at the University of Washington was the Forestry professor named "Anne Forrest Burns." (her picture is still on the wall in the Forestry department.)
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    My brother had a friend in elementary school named "George George George."
    Which bring us to the offspring of George Foreman. How many sons does he have named George?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Daughters named George, too, I believe... or is that another of those urban myths?
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

boring

Why oh why do i have such a boring name???

Urgh..at least my parents didn't call me Sale or Half...those of you who know my last name will understand...

I get stuck with plain boring..Cheryl..

I almost feel like ann of green gables when i see the last line i just wrote..

C

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Daughters named George, too, I believe... or is that another of those urban myths?
    I do know a woman named George, but she's not related to Foreman. She's a Political Science professor in North Carolina.
    Half-marathon over. Sabbatical year over. It's back to "sacking shirt and oat cakes" as they say here.

I went to school with a girl named Kennie. She had electric blond cork-screw curled hair and was completely insane and tons of fun. She was definately a kennie.
    The one name that doesn't get me is Trudie, my mother's and great aunt's name. I can see a woman named Trudie, but I couldn't imagine a little girl named Trudie, just seems too grown up.

Just Spotted!

Just got back from a trip into town to forage for food. The local florist has a message board out front and a birth announcement is displayed - the new baby's first name is Camry. Thankfully her last name is NOT Toyota!
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by missymaya View Post
    I went to school with a girl named Kennie. She had electric blond cork-screw curled hair and was completely insane and tons of fun. She was definately a kennie.
    The one name that doesn't get me is Trudie, my mother's and great aunt's name. I can see a woman named Trudie, but I couldn't imagine a little girl named Trudie, just seems too grown up.
    Yeah, but Trudie comes from Gertrude, which is HORRIBLE..
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by IFjane View Post
    Just got back from a trip into town to forage for food. The local florist has a message board out front and a birth announcement is displayed - the new baby's first name is Camry. Thankfully her last name is NOT Toyota!
    I wonder what Camry will name HER daughter. Pepsi?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I thought of a couple more:

A girl a grade above me in middle school was Stormi Seay
    A girl in middle school's mother did not have to change her name when she married! Her maiden name was Hall and they could find no common relatives.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    I wonder what Camry will name HER daughter. Pepsi?
    Yes, but spelled pe'Pcee
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Yes, but spelled pe'Pcee
    ROTFL
    "When I'm on my bike I forget about things like age. I just have fun." Kathy Sessler

2006 Independent Fabrication Custom Ti Crown Jewel (Road, though she has been known to go just about anywhere)/Specialized Jett

No one mentioned lemonjello's twin - orangejello.

I've seen Notorious, Wonderful, Seagram and Trainnieyana Kenosha Mercedes.
    Also Queen, Queen Mary, LaVern, Seagram, Lavoris and Dentyne- the last 4 are men
    This is the south and we have a lot of last names for girl's first names- Taylor, Stider and Dabney (corrupted from D'Abinee)

I work with a woman whose middle name is Elmer and my Dad's name is
    Thoy Lee.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.