Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hello, I'm new, and LOVE this!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all! My name is Jennifer, I live in Tama, FL. I have been cycling for only about a month now, and I am so addicted already. I am riding on the road every weekend, and spinning every week day. I started with 20 miles and am now at 27.5 miles last Sunday in less than 1 hr 50 min.
    I have a beginner bike...a Trek 1000, but I love it! I got the clipless pedals, and an aerobar attached. So far, no falls with the clipless system, but close calls.
    I feel like cycling has given me something to look forward to every week, and I have new goals to achieve. For the first time in a long time, I am doing something physical because I really want to, not to lose weight.
    Anyway, I could go on all day. I just wanted to say hi all! I cannot wait to learn more.
    Jen

Welcome! May your bike passion never fade!

Just wanted to say welcome! I'm new to cycling also, I've been riding for about 3 months. There are no riding groups where I live, my husband and several of his friends ride together, and he is very good to ride with me even though I slow him down quite a bit. I was as excited as you to find this site, to be able to talk to and learn from other women cyclists!

welcome to both of you! yes it IS an awesome site and its the excitement the poeple - like you 2 - bring that keep me motivated and keep me coming back for more! Trek 1000 - I'm jealous - I Shoulda bought the road bike! *cigh*......maybe that tax check...................
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"