Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Performance sells out, again!

To disable ads, please log-in.

This might explain why there were MULTIPLE problems from June to Current with sales, shipping, etc....

Goldsmith Agio Helms Announces the Sale of its Client, Performance Bicycle
    NEW YORK, NY – July 12, 2007:
    Goldsmith Agio Helms is pleased to announce the recapitalization of its client, Performance, Inc. (“Performance Bicycle” or the “Company”), through a controlling equity investment by North Castle Partners (“North Castle”), and significant equity participation from the Company’s management team. Performance Bicycle is the largest independent bicycle dealer and direct marketer of bicycles and cycling accessories in the United States.

Bigger company, more marketing dollars, less concern about customer service.
    I am banning them, sadly, just can't trust them. I use pricepoint.com now and others. That REI.com sale is really amazing. Got 3 jerseys, less than $20each. Try to do that at NONperformance.com!

Oh, goodie, I just got the "We are sorry, our computers were hacked 3 months ago and your credit card numbers, address, name, phone number, account name, and password were among the data stolen. Please notify your bank. Here's a 30% off coupon code good for the next 3 weeks."

Bah!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Look out for Google profit and the associated companies. Apparently, they got the ccard numbers from the security breach at Nashbar (and caused us all manner of cr*p).

CA
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    Oh, goodie, I just got the "We are sorry, our computers were hacked 3 months ago and your credit card numbers, address, name, phone number, account name, and password were among the data stolen. Please notify your bank. Here's a 30% off coupon code good for the next 3 weeks."

Bah!
    Got that same letter too! I try to shop here where it's safe and secure.

Hey, maybe that's what happened to me. I got a letter from my cc company bout a month ago and they were issuing me a new card. Said the other one had been compromised by a merchant, but of course they can't tell me who. This fits. No more ordering there!
    Claudia

2009 Trek 7.6fx
    2013 Jamis Satellite
    2014 Terry Burlington

Isn't Performance connected to Nashbar somehow?

After people started noticing that Performance was playing games in terms of charging a few cents more to credit cards than the actual purchases, I stopped shopping there. I no longer buy from Nashbar either.

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post

Bah!
    Yep, exactly the same letter I received last week.
    Unfortunately, it came almost two months after some losers in Florida used my credit card number (the same # I used to purchase a derailleur on Nashbar) to purchase local newspaper subscriptions and online dating!
    Besides being thieves, what kind of losers have to date online instead of dating in the real world???
    At the time I had to spend a whole day off work to deal with Police reports, bank investigations, changing all card numbers, placing fraud alerts on the credit report, etc
    So much fun, yeah...
    For what I am concerned, Bike Nashbar can run out of business tomorrow!
    E.'s website: www.earchphoto.com

2005 Bianchi 928C L'Una RC
    2010 BMC SLX01 racemaster
    2008 BMC TT03 Time Machine
    Campy Record and SSM Aspide naked carbon on all bikes

Luckily (according to the bank and my own records) what they hacked from Nashbar was my old credit card with my maiden name and a completely different number. That account was closed after I got married.

But I still would have liked to have known about the hacking SOONER than THREE MONTHS after the fact!!!

I won't be ordering from Nashbar anymore. Especially because I've found a local bike shop who will order anything I find on the internet for me, and meet the price posted on the internet. They also give me a discount (they have a lot of discounts: for Cascade bike club members, students, Team Survivor members, etc.) that almost exactly cancels out sales tax. No incentive for me to buy off the internet anymore, and I am able to support a local business while getting exactly what I want!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDoc View Post
    Besides being thieves, what kind of losers have to date online instead of dating in the real world???
    My thieves had a sense of humor. I got a classic NetFlix movie and a subscription to a dating service.