Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Amy from west valley Phoenix here. I always like a South Mt climb and would like to join some westsider women for a ride. Right now I am recovering from a crash (broken arm) but hopefully in another 3 -4 weeks I'll be back. So I hope these rides continue

welcome, idak!!
    i think azspinner is on the right track - i'd like to get all us AZ women together. when you heal, when mtkitchn gets a day off, lets set something up. maybe if we just had a scheduled ride every week, like maybe join running mommy's tri ride on the west side or the sunday rides for WMRC in the east, then we could just join in whenever available.

lisa, how about 7 am for south mountain instead of 6?? i'm still gonna be there but 6 sure seems early!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

AAAHHH (said with a huge sense of relief) 7 does sound so much better!
    I rode with a group this morning that left at 5:30. Yes! 5:30 AM! Boy is that early, but I had so much fun...I'm doing it again tomorrow!

Welcome, idak!

Just wondering where in the west valley you are located... I'm in Peoria, 87th Ave & Cactus. I just found a group that rides early am Thursdays & Fridays leaving from 67th & the 101. If you're interested, I could give you more details.

thanks...I work during the week so I can't do group rides through the week, I go by myself really early. I am near 67th ave and Thomas. I just went to the doctor Wednesday, he tells me I need to give my arm another 6 weeks of healing before I can ride. So I can't ride for awhile. But it would be fun to meet up with some westside riders!

idak,
    6 weeks! What did you do to your poor arm that it's going to take 6 more weeks? Hoping for a much speedier recovery. May you prove your doctor wrong.

Hey gals - you missed a great no drop ride up here yesterday! I had 6 ladies show up and me - we had a blast -

Maybe next time?

spoke in the woods

Spoke

Would LOVE to ride up in the Flagstaff area. Keep posting your group rides, and maybe, just maybe, some of us will be able to make the trip someday.

AZSpinner
    I broke my humerus near the shoulder.I can move it a little now without too much pain but biking is a ways off. At least no surgery.
    A Flagstaff ride would be fun. I want to ride my bike!

Quote Originally Posted by AZSpinner View Post
    Surely there has got to be more of us in Arizona! Even those of you that don't live in the Phoenix Metro area - let us know where you are. Who knows, there just might be someone in your town that is looking for a riding buddy.

~Lisa
    Well, I was hoping I'd see someone else that lives down in the Tucson area. So if anyone knows any chicks down here or if anyone makes it down here and wants to go for a ride. Let me know.

idak,
    when my DH had shoulder surgery we got him a recumbent so he could ride without putting any strain on his shoulder.
    6 weeks would be a long time not to ride!
    since he's all healed, you could borrow our recumbent if you think it would work for you.
    laurie

Who would think that rain might cancel our first TE group ride in the desert?! If Sunday's weather is anything like this morning's weather, I won't be making the drive down for the South Mountain ride. Lightning tends to make me a little nervous.

Pink Bike, I apologize in advance if I don't show tomorrow.

I didn't get to see this morning's show, I usually get up around the crack of 8:30 or so. My newspaper was wet so I guess it rained, huh? We'll see what happens tomorrow, if it's not raining I'll be there but if it is, well, we'll just have to reschedule!
    laurie

Hi folks, just saw this group and would love to ride with you. Anybody interested in doing an early ride on Sunday, September 1st? I live in Fountain Hills and just made it out to Rio Verde and back this weekend - saw the lightening show on Saturday but didn't get a drop of rain on my ride. I just got back into cycling in the last 2 months so I'm not in the greatest of shape.

I'm interested in the South Mountain ride - I haven't done anything like that.

Hi, Fountain Hills. Glad you found us! The South Mountain ride was a lot of fun this morning. Only 3 of us were there, but hey, it's a start. The silent Sundays are the last Sunday of every month. It really is nice not having to share the road with any vehicles. I am planning on doing the South Mountain ride again on 9/30, but I will have to start closer to 6am as my husband works that day.

As far as an early morning ride on 9/1...how early? I have ridden with a group based out of the Landis Cyclery on Scottsdale & Shea and we ride up through Fountain Hills and Rio Verde and "9-mile hill." Anyway...let me know what time you were thinking of heading out for your ride, how long you were planning on going and how fast.

~Lisa