Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Scottsdale Multi-Use path

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks for that great link to the Scottsdale trail system Fountain Hills! You can also access the trail from Mountain View Park. There is good parking there. Follow Shea west of the 101 Fwy to Hayden, south on Hayden and east on Mountain View. The park is just past the school on your right. If you go east at the first tee on the trail it takes you to the hospital back on Shea. But if you go west at that tee you can actually ride all the way to Tempe Town Lake. About 30 miles round trip. I find my hybrid bike works better on the trail since I tend to ride faster ont he road bike making it harder to avoid pedestrians. This trail will be loaded with walkers, joggers, and skaters on the week-ends but it's a great ride mid-week. You might want to ride with a friend if you go south of McDowell as the area gets a little seedy from there to Tempe. I'll be escaping my mountainous neighborhood of Troon to do this ride 2-3 times a week while rehabing my knee.

HI folks I was just looking for places to ride and I saw this link. Looks like some nice options to ride with others at various locations and paces.....

I thought some of you might enjoy this and want to check out some rides.

http://www.azbikeclub.com/weekrides.html

Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by AZSpinner View Post
    After seeing Mimitabby's post about a TE supported ride, I got a little jealous. Why couldn't we do something like that in Arizona?

So come on ladies!! Who lives in Arizona? How about if all AZ residents reply with their cities. If we can't arrange a group ride, maybe we'd find a riding buddy or two. Or maybe just a margarita drinking buddy.

My name is Lisa and I live in Peoria.
    We just moved from Ftn Hills to N. Scottsdale off of Dynamite Rd. But we are recumbent riders...not sure we will "fit in" with the group or not!

Lisa

HI, I am new here and this will be my first post. I live in north central AZ in a small town named Clarkdale. It is just south of Sedona, right in between Prescott and Flagstaff in the Verde valley. I ride road but have an old hardtail that hasn't seen much use since I also ride dirt bikes. Hope to meet up with some of you all.

Brenda

Just signing in and wanted to give a quick shout out to all you AZ people. I'm from Chandler and just wanting to branch out here. This seems like a good place to start.

Jamm41

welcome jammin!!
    did you post in the "getting to know you" thread?
    glad to have you.
    enjoy!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by PinkBike View Post
    welcome jammin!!
    did you post in the "getting to know you" thread?
    glad to have you.
    enjoy!
    Thanks for the welcome PinkBike!

I have not posted in the "getting to know you" thread, but will look for it.

Jamm41

Edit: If you could direct me to that thread it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jammin41; 03-23-2008 at 02:59 PM.

jamm,
    in open topic - cycling related - it's the first thread
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=2001
    laurie

It's been a little while since someone posted here, so I'll chime in since I'm new to Arizona!

I posted kind of an intro to myself here when I was looking for bike-buying advice, but just to summarize, I just moved to Tucson for grad school. I also have or have had family in Chandler, Peoria, Tempe, and Sun City West, and my boyfriend's parents have a condo in Fountain Hills, so I'm no stranger to the Phoenix area. I'm a Midwest transplant--I grew up right outside Chicago and lived in Madison, WI for 4 years of college.

I am, as of about 8 hours ago, the proud owner of a new Trek hybrid--a huge step up from my craptacular mountain bike that I had been riding for the last 8 years (the fact that the rust-bucket made it that long is beyond shocking). I'm hoping to become a cycling fiend as quickly as possible.

I haven't had a chance to look and see if there's a thread about it yet, but I'm considering doing the MS ride in Florence in March. (http://bikeaza.nationalmssociety.org/) I don't think I'd be ready for a 150-mile, 2-day event by March, but supposedly this year they're also doing century, 75-mile, and 35-mile one-day rides, and it sounds like a great event.

Anyway, looking forward to interacting with you all here and spending lots of time on the roads and trails in sunny AZ!

you are so lucky to be in tucson. they are so bicycle friendly! we usually spend a lot of weekends there in oct and nov to train for el tour de tucson. big wide bike paths and MUT's everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!
    laurie