Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

6am tomorrow it is. Just printed up directions off mapquest.

I flew over that area today and it looks like great cycling country!

As far as the coffee place not being open, I don't need any of that stuff before a ride or I'll be stopping every 15 minutes!

hi AZ Spinner and MTKitchn - just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to do the FH - RV ride. I learned a lot from both of you. Hopefully we can do it again in the near future.

I had a great time on our ride on Sunday! I enjoyed it more than my ride on Monday... We went up Cave Creek Rd (from Jomax) to Seven Springs (almost to Bartlett Lake) or close to it. It was pretty much 20 straight miles of climbing. Yuck! I'm taking a rest day today.

I'm looking forward to riding with you again. Maybe we can even get a few more TE ladies to come along on our next ride.

Thanks for a nice ride, Fountain Hills! It sure was a gorgeous morning with beautiful scenery. I'd love to come up and ride some more there.

i'm ready, what's our next ride (that starts after 7 a.m.)
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Anybody?

I can't go this weekend...date weekend with the hubby.

sue, how about the sheryl's beginners ride?
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=16761
    i'm contemplating this since my fitness has declined a bit.
    of course, if i get the new cassette i ordered with a 32 tooth sprocket, i might be tempted to climb something if i can get it installed.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Good to see you at the GABA ride this morning, Laurie.
    Tomorrow morning at 6am a few of us are meeting at 24th and Baseline (Starbucks) to do South Mountain. There will be a guy leading us, but he's awesome.

Hi MT, what's GABA?

Thanks for letting us know about the ride tomorrow. Unfortunately, I think I'll do a short, slow ride tomorrow. I gave blood today and I won't have much in my tank.

But, please keep us informed of any other rides

I'd like to plan on the next Silent Sunday - at a minimum. Is anybody up for that?

I'm still advocating a road trip up to Flag! Don't wait too long - it will be way cold and icy.

There is a weekly 9:30 a.m. Saturday women's ride that just started up here. I wanted to go on it before I told you all about it since I was not sure whether it was a hammerfest of not - It is not.

So, come on up some weekend - its time for a road trip!

spoke

How far do you go on the Flagstaff ride? I'm interested but would like to better understand what the ride is like. Thanks.

Smile Hello!

Ladies,

Just found this forum. I would love to join the rides. I am out in NE Mesa. Normally ride close to home. I have been considering doing the Tour de Scottsdale, but not sure if I am ready yet.

Fountain Hills, I would like to do the Rio Verde ride with you some weekend.

I have only been rideing since June. I average about 13-15mph, varies with distance and hills . I am up to 45-50miles for my long weekend ride.

I will check the posts for the upcoming rides. I love to go in the early morning.

Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by Fountain Hills View Post
    How far do you go on the Flagstaff ride? I'm interested but would like to better understand what the ride is like. Thanks.
    The ride is anywhere from 30-48 miles. Most people do not do the 48. This ride is a relatively flat (some rollers) ride. It is an out and back so if you don't want to go as far, you can turn around. There are several places on the ride where people will generally turn around so most of the time you will have company on the way back.

What else would you like to know?

Ask MtnKitchen about the ride, she has ridden the whole 48 miles.

spoke

Arizona rides

Hi,

I just found your site, very cool. It's hard to find women to ride with so I'm excited to see so many here. I already ride with groups on Saturday and Sundays but I wanted to extend the offer out to anybody looking to find a good group to ride with.

On saturday's I ride with a group out of Desert Hills (north phoenix). The pace varies and we actually need a bigger fast pace group IMO. So any quicker gals who aren't up to riding with the teams around town just yet but still want to push themselves, please come out! We meet at Carefree and Cave Creek rd, email me if you want more specifics.

Sunday I ride with a group in Paradise Valley. We do strictly hill work, lots of repeats! It's actually a lot of fun, nice short steep hills, but nothing impossible to climb though. This has really helped me to learn a lot about gearing and how to relax and not panic. Hills are all mental for me! Again, please email me if you are interested.

Again, I'm happy to see so many women here!

Sincerely,

Tiffany