Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thank you NC cyclists and F-U to one!

To disable ads, please log-in.

This message is to thank the numerous cyclists that helped me today!!
    If you were riding on Shallowford Road in Lewisville, NC THANK YOU!!

I lost my dog today and frantically looked for over three house. We live two hours from Lewisville and I was in a panic when I couldn't find him.

Shallowford Rd. is HEAVY with cyclists. Groups of people stopped to get my dogs name and description and phone number and offered to help me.
    If you are one of those people on Shallowford Rd....THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!! I found Buddy. He was pretty tattered and shaken up but otherwise free of serious injury.

OH and to the one man who I tried to wave him to stop to see if he had seen a dog...instead of stopping he shouted a big F*CK YOU to me...hey dude....F*CK YOU!! I hope you fall off your bike in traffic.

Hi Kathie,

I'm really happy that you have found your dog and that people have helped you.

However, is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    OH and to the one man who I tried to wave him to stop to see if he had seen a dog...instead of stopping he shouted a big F*CK YOU to me...hey dude....F*CK YOU!! I hope you fall off your bike in traffic.
    really necessary? I'm sorry that guy was rude to you in a moment of distress. But this type of comments does not belong to this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    Hi Kathie,

I'm really happy that you have found your dog and that people have helped you.

However, is this:

really necessary? I'm sorry that guy was rude to you in a moment of distress. But this type of comments does not belong to this forum.
    My goal is that my message will somehow gets back to him.

He looked directly in to my eyes as tears were gushing out and told me to "f*ck off". It was obvious that I was needing help. He could have simply ignored me rather than verbally assault me. He didn't know it was about my lost dog. What if there was an life and death emergency and I was needing his help?
    Obviously, he's stunted in human compassion.
    Last edited by Kathie; 07-29-2007 at 02:31 PM.

I have to agree with you, Kathie. How heartless can a person be?

I understand the need to get it off your chest, too. I'm not offended.

Karen

Just remember the next time that you get the urge to give someone the single fingered salute that they *may* not be saying something untoward to you.
    The fellow may have had a recent run in with someone who verbally or perhaps even physically assulted him because he was on the bike. He may not have been able to see your distress, misunderstood what you said to him and over reacted. I know I nearly flipped off a co-worker once because I thought they were just a typical angry driver.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I flip off my coworkers pretty much everyday...oh sorry, different thread.

Eden, you may be right. The guy may have just had a run in with someone, and misunderstood that Kathie was in distress and needed help. Having said that, I might have reacted the same way she did.

eta: Kathie, so glad you found your pupster!

When my dog was lost I was inconsolable. I know exactly how she feels. And so glad he's now safe and sound.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Thank you to those who understand where I am coming from. I appreciate your posts and the PM's I got from those that didn't feel comfortable voicing a supportive opinion on the board. That's kinda messed up.

I've started long lead recall training with my dog!

I understand. I had a cat that got out about a year ago and I was trying to ask people walking if they had seen her. Not everyone would talk to me and some people looked at me like I was crazy.

I think there are times that even if you're having a bad day, you can let that go a bit to be civil to someone who is obviously upset.

And I'd have a private F-U for that person too.

I'm so happy you got your dog back! Your comments don't offend me, I can see how it might be offensive to some, but I'm an avid animal lover (2 dogs, 5 cats,) and I'd be close to tears if one of them was lost. Yes, they're my children! lol! (no kids of my own, here!)

I'm really sorry, but I can't believe people - and especially people on TE - are feeling okay about wishing some other cyclist (or whoever, for that matter) to "fall off their bike in traffic". It's really terrible to loose one's pet and it really sucks that that guy on a bike responded the way he did (for reasons we can't possibly understand), but isn't it a bit heavy to wish him dead?

I'm not offended by the F word at all, but I just can't wish others such things, just can't.

Oh, Well, I can't speak for the OP.. but maybe at the time in my mind I would have been saying the same thing ~ but I wouldn't mean it.

I wouldn't want the dude to get hit by a car or anything, but I do believe in karma and he will get his -- someone will be rude to him when he needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by Grog View Post
    I'm really sorry, but I can't believe people - and especially people on TE - are feeling okay about wishing some other cyclist (or whoever, for that matter) to "fall off their bike in traffic". It's really terrible to loose one's pet and it really sucks that that guy on a bike responded the way he did (for reasons we can't possibly understand), but isn't it a bit heavy to wish him dead?

I'm not offended by the F word at all, but I just can't wish others such things, just can't.
    Yes, there are many people on TE are ok with my comment both publically and in PM.
    I never wished the guy dead! I can see that you took my comment literally. It wasn't meant to be taken literally. It was meant as a big F-U with a scathing comment attached.
    Whatever his reasons...never acceptable. I do believe in karma...it's only gonna come back to bite him.

I"m not particularly fond of strange dogs. I was attacked and stuck with a nice hospital bill when no one claimed their pet. I was visiting out of state. Nice vacation. I wouldn't have stopped and would have thought it rude of you to be insisting that I do so. The guy really didn't need a reason. His priorities are not the same as yours. The FU's were uncalled for on both parts however.

There's a funny thing about karma.......that door swings both ways. Let's respect our fellow cyclists, however rude they may have been at a point in time.