Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Weights at Home

Weights at Home

To disable ads, please log-in.

I bought new running shoes and weights over the weekend. It was fun shopping.

Today was my first day lifting at home. A couple of people has asked me about my plan. So here was my routine.

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Push Ups Boy style, balanced on one leg
    Bent Over Rowing
    Military Press
    Bicep Curls
    Tricep Kickbacks

That was all done using a combination of 15, 12, 8 and 5 pound hand weights. I need to change the leg stuff, since I don't have enough weight to do much of anything. I may change it to more of an isometric lift or do something with the medicine ball.

Using the medicine ball I did some upper and lower ab work

Veronica.

Squats

Until you get your ganzo weights for squats, try one and one-half squats. Here's how you do them

Squat deep (the deeper you go, the more you engage your glute muscles - but only if your knees will handle it). Raise up halfway, now go back down. Raise up all the way.

Also, reverse lunges are good. If you get that back foot way back and put your front foot on a step, you'll get a nice workout. Keep switching between legs & you'll get a bit of an aerobic workout as well.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

I'll give those squats a try. If that doesn't work out I'll probably switch the routine to lunges.

Thanks for the tip.

V.

So, V, how's the chin?

It really was only my pride. It seemed like an episode from a cartoon. I'm glad Thom wasn't home to see it.
    V.

You can also do squats (and one-legged squats) with a balance ball. The ball is sandwiched between your lower back and the wall. Your feet are shoulder width apart in front of you (you should be leaning back into the ball, not just standing against it - like using a Smith Machine for squats).
    Squat from this position - the ball will roll down with you - keep your back straight.
    To use only one leg, place one ankle on the opposite knee, then squat.
    Using one leg will definitely give you a weight boost!