Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Lusting after a new bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

the owner of my LBS called Saturday. Apparently Specialized is having a closeout sale on their 2007's as they are unvailing the 2008's

He was just calling to let me know

Well he put an order in on Monday for a variety of sizes and ordered 2 Ruby's that would be my size and he is giving me first dibs.

They are here already

I dropped by today as he was just finishing up assembling the 2007 Ruby expert. I got to lift it and put my hands on the handle bars mmmmmmm it felt pretty darn good.

the Ruby expert he could get is a triple with all ultegra components and ultegra wheels

the Ruby comp is a double with 105 components

Price: $2144 for the expert and $1714 for the comp

Now for the questions
    Should I sell my first born child and pawn my second born and go for the expert which is the one I am really leaning towards or would I be perfectly happy living w/ the comp for the price difference.

From the limited research I have done these seem to be really good prices.
    Are they?

My main goal is touring but I have started to do Triathlons and want a faster bike that I can put aero bars on (I don't want a pure tri bike because I wouldn't get enough use out of it and I like group riding. )

Any and all opinions welcome

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

I test rode the Comp and the Expert. For me it was the Expert hands down. I could feel a real difference in the two. So far this bike has not disapointed me. bikerHen

PS: I would have sold my only born for the bike, but she's over 21 and not available for sell. Darn it!

That's a darn good price too!
    Last edited by bikerHen; 07-25-2007 at 04:29 PM. Reason: I forgot to add . . .

Man!! If I could have found an Expert for that price I would have jumped on it. I got a Cannondale Synapse with 105/Ultegra mix for more than that. The 2006 Expert was $250 more than my Synapse and my budget was MAXED!! If you can swing the Expert go for it.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Thanks for the input

What about the difference between a triple or a double - I have a triple now and I like it but it seems the double is the "new" way to go.
    The expert has a triple, the comp has a double

I told a friend on Sat that the LBS owner was getting these in, I saw him tonight and he asked me if I got a new bike - I said "no but I put my hands on the handlebars and lifted it." He said "first mistake - are you going to take it out for a test ride" I said "of course"
    He said "second mistake - it will be yours "

I had been researching WSD's and the Ruby expert is the one I liked the best so I think this is fate Now to find a buyer for my kids. Ooops I guess I can't sell them one is 20 and the other 23 and I don't have grandchildren to sell yet. I will have to think of a plan B

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

Lust is good.

Triple is good.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson