Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here is a question... why was the entire team asked to leave? If the rule is that the entire team goes from one positive, then why didn't all of T-Mobile get asked to leave when Sinkewitz tested positive?

Trish
    If not now, when?

The idea of it being a "mix up" is totally ...bull$hit.
    HE NEVER SHOULD HAVE LET SOMEONE PUT A NEEDLE IN HIS ARM WITH A BAG OF BLOOD ON THE OTHER END!!!!!!! That in itself would show he knowingly participated.
    As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence." ~Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by amymisk View Post
    It is sad to see. I was a bit disappointed in Vino, but not shocked.

I also don't believe it could be a simple mix up with same type blood. There are all kinds of anitbodies in blood that have to be checked for compatability, not just the blood type and Rh pos/neg. It would be astounding to me that they accidently mixed up the blood and it just so happened that both riders affected had no antibodies or reaction to the blood.

I would like to see a doping free tour but like others have said the money and fame make such a tempting offer. Not to mention, the fans who have a huge desire to see their hero be super human.

I am still a cycling fan and will continue to watch. If nothing else, Rasmussen and Contador have added a thrill.
    Rasmussen is in the middle of controversy with a shoe box, and there was talk that Contador was tied to Operation Puerto. At this point, the only one I believe to be clean is Bob Roll!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darby361 View Post
    Here is a question... why was the entire team asked to leave? If the rule is that the entire team goes from one positive, then why didn't all of T-Mobile get asked to leave when Sinkewitz tested positive?

Trish
    The Sinkewitz positive was not during the TDF, it was just announced during the TDF. Plus, he had already pulled out of the TDF because of a crash by the time the announcement was made.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I've read a couple of reports that indicate that the team has not pulled out of the race. Also that the police have raided their hotel.

Who knows, but it is a disappointing development all around.

Quote Originally Posted by *Mg* View Post
    ..... the only one I believe to be clean is Bob Roll!!
    Having met him, I wouldn't exactly describe him as "clean" in any sense of the word...
    Sarah

When it's easy, ride hard; when it's hard, ride easy.

2011 Volagi Liscio
    2010 Pegoretti Love #3 "Manovelo"
    2011 Mercian Vincitore Special
    2003 Eddy Merckx Team SC - stolen
    2001 Colnago Ovalmaster Stars and Stripes

Fuentes himself stated that he had never treated Contador and Contador has been formally cleared.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...n07/jan15news2
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operaci...to_doping_case

From what I have also read, his name was never found in the records but I can't find this article right now.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

I'm so disapointed I was cheering him on last night and was so happy that he came back after his injuries... oh well so much for that

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma View Post
    Pardon my expression here, but WTF is wrong with these guys???? Do they not realize how doping is ruining the grandeur of professional cycling? Do they not realize that they have soured the flavor of this year's Tour??

Pleeeeaase let this be untrue.

I just cannot understand or fathom how someone could be so freaking stupid. Thanks Vino. Thanks alot. Courage my azz!

(AAArrrrg!!!)
    Thanks for the opportunity to vent, gals.
    ~BikeMomma
    This was my first thought, too! I guess, like most of you, I'm not too surprised that there is yet another doping scandel. I wondered out loud to my boss and my SO regarding Vino's suddenly *found* energy... but hoped against hope that it would not be true!
    I'm thinking (as is my SO) that maybe the only ones not doping are the ones not winning! Please please please let George not be!
    "The bicycle was the first machine to redefine successfully the notion of what is feminine. The bicycle came to symbolize something very precious to women - their independence."—Sally Fox

On another cycling forum (French language) I visit, a Paris guy posted this message. I'm quickly translating:

"For the moment in France it's boiling big bubbles but we know little. Most of the cyclists here know very well that 98% of the racers dope and that those who are caught, it's because of the "soigneur"'s [team "nurse"] error. For us who have been in the cycling milieu for years (my great-uncle was a bike constructor and had a pro team), WE KNOW. Whatever the commentators say, we're not dupes. The dope in European cycling is at all levels, even in village crits where the price is a bunch of groceries from local shopkeepers, there are lots of them everywhere at the beginning and end of the season.

There is also doping in Sunday morning rides, to follow a group of younger guys who ride faster and further...

One must remember the heads of racers getting at the top of the "cols" (passes) thirty years ago, looking like agonizing old men, whereas today the champions climb with their mouth closed (they breathe through their ears maybe?)."

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I've heard that the human body just can't take that kind of punishment day in and day out without doping. I mean, think about the longest ride you took and how you felt spent. You needed a rest day between right? How is it then that these boys can ride 100 miles some days back to back and recover quickly without some kind of drug?

The news about Vino is maddening! I know many of these guys find ways around the rules and dope in all sorts of ways, but I still hold out hope that someday they'll be clean. I certainly wasn't surprised by the news - between the time trial and yesterday's stage - there really wasn't any other explanation. Sad, but true. It's so disheartening to think of these guys sitting there knowingly having someone else's blood pumped into their veins... just to have a good day in the race. Blech!

Let's just keep hoping that Contador and others are clean and enjoy the rest of the Tour. There are still gifted cyclists out there. I may be naive, but I do believe that.
    Elizabee (age 5) at the doctor's office: "I can smell sickness in here...I smell the germs"

Unhappy Vino positive!!

The ironic part of this is the fact that Vino was one of the first to sign the agreement before the tour! And on top of that, in the agreement it states that along with a two year suspension, they also have to pay their entire (for the year)salary to the anti doping agency. So tell me, what do they gain if they are found guilty???

I was shocked when my DH told me this news today. I was pulling so hard for Vino in the TT and then again yesterday. I did mention to DH yesterday, though, that his comeback after a terrible day reminded me an awful lot of Floyd last year, and I even said "I sure hope they don't find out he's doping".

Sheesh....I am really sick of this. It's sad and disappointing to see our heros fall, one by one.

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by xeney View Post
    I love Contador, too, but remember he was already implicated in the Operacion Puerto scandal. I have no illusions that any of them are clean.
    I hate to condemn all cycling athletes because of a few cheaters. Just like not everyone on the street I deal with is a criminal. It is flawed to think like that. If you read several articles about Operation Puerto, you will see that the investigators rushed to conclusions about riders possibly involved in it. Contador was one of the riders the investigations committee said they rushed to judgement and cleared him. Does that mean he is not doping, no. Does that mean he is doping, no. Think and say what you want because that is just my opinion.