Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Silver View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. I've never read a single one - cause I'm from Alabama and don't know how to read - why read when you can seen the movie?

Another non-Harry reader here. But I am a HP (and TdF) widow.
    I tried slogging my way through the first book. No wait. Maybe it was the second. I have seen all of the movies - they are harmless, but the books I find impossible to read. Plus, they're all the same. Here's a summary of just about every book to date (last one excepted - but I have no reason to believe it won't be more of the same):
    "Boy, that was some awful summer. My aunt and uncle are nasty" says Harry.
    "Don't look now, Harry." says someone. "He-who-must not be named is after you - again." [Convenient how he always shows up during the school year, isn't it? - ed.]
    The school administration either (a) looks the other way, or (b) actively enables star athlete's breaking the rules.
    Bang! Crash! A miraculous spell conjured up just in the nick of time!
    Yay!!! Harry! Boy wizard - you beat the baddies again!!!
    The end. Have a great summer!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Quote Originally Posted by Regina View Post
    "Boy, that was some awful summer. My aunt and uncle are nasty" says Harry.
    "Don't look now, Harry." says someone. "He-who-must not be named is after you - again." [Convenient how he always shows up during the school year, isn't it? - ed.]
    The school administration either (a) looks the other way, or (b) actively enables star athlete's breaking the rules.
    Bang! Crash! A miraculous spell conjured up just in the nick of time!
    Yay!!! Harry! Boy wizard - you beat the baddies again!!!
    The end. Have a great summer!
    If you'd read the books you'd know that there's a good reason why the bad guy only shows up during the school year.
    fides quaerens intellectum (faith seeking understanding) - St. Anselm of Canterbury

I was amazed that following the AWESOME battle scene with Valdemort (which we were watching in 3D IMAX - OMG - it was 15 minutes of awesome)...but anyway, SilverSon leans over and says:

"in the book, that scene was much longer...the did this...and this...and so on"

Geez...it told me he really did read it, but more so, he remembered it!
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

I didn't start until Goblet of FIre was released, but I am now a faithful fan. Each time a new one comes out I go back & start at the beginning- I haven't ordered the last one yet- it's in my cart at Amazon, BUT I did read about about the interview JK did Meredith on the today show. That's okay - I think it will be great. I plan to start the immersion process tonight & expect # 7 to be on my doorstep by the time I finish rereading 1-6!
    My favorite part is that she as she aged the characters the story became more mature as well. It's really good stuff.

I must also add that when Psycycle path first handed me the Trek 5200 (Now known as old blue) to ride a bike for the first time in many many years he said- 'It's faster than Harry Potter's broom'.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.