Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Kinda personal but underwear???

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've only recently gotten in to doing longer bike rides and one think I have noticed is that I need to find a better underwear!!!!

I have been wearing my regular cotton undies under my bike shorts but as soon as they get damp they start bunching and chaffing.

Any recommendations for something better?

Bike shorts are meant to be worn without underwear. That may seem odd when you're new to biking, but you'll be much more comfortable!

Underwear? Just say no!

(under bike shorts, anyway)

LOL!
    Road Bike: 2008 Orbea Aqua Dama TDF/Brooks B-68

Ellen
    www.theotherfoote.blogspot.com

Oh man, now I feel SOOOOO stupid! I never would have thought about wearing my bike shorts without underwear underneath.

Most of the people I know that bike are men so it's not like it is something I can come out and ask them

I am so glad that I found this board, I have a feeling that I will be learning a lot here

No need to feel stupid, we can only learn by asking the questions! Welcome to TE -- you'll love browsing the topics. I've learned a lot myself in the few months I've been on the boards. And you'll find an amazingly supportive bunch of women here!

Enjoy your next ride -- no more bunching & chafing!

You think that's personal?
    hehehe
    You have no idea. there's nothing personal here
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

LOL, I saw the Diva cup thread when I was trying to do a search about underwear. I found out about Diva Cups from a horse discussion board that I belong to. I tried it about a year ago and will NEVER go back to using anything else!

I havn't read through that that thread here but I wonder if it got as contentious as the one over on my other board!

The Diva cup was...contentious? Now I can see something like the new BC pills that will have you only having one period a year being contentious, but the Diva cup?

You must provide us a link!

Anyway, no underwear! And, if you're like me, you will soon realise that a thin chamois (that's the liner) in bike shorts is better than a thick one .

East Hill

"Never wear panties to a party" ~ words of Jill Conner Browne, the Sweet Potato Queen.

Never wear panties under bike shorts either!

We went for a long ride today. After we got home I got busy trying to resolve a computer issue I have been having. My bike shorts are so comfy, I forgot I had them on. I told dh it must be a sign, I'll have no trouble adjusting to Depends.
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

Quote Originally Posted by sandra View Post
    "Never wear panties to a party" ~ words of Jill Conner Browne, the Sweet Potato Queen.

Never wear panties under bike shorts either!

We went for a long ride today. After we got home I got busy trying to resolve a computer issue I have been having. My bike shorts are so comfy, I forgot I had them on. I told dh it must be a sign, I'll have no trouble adjusting to Depends.

OMG. I know I am going to enjoy my time here!

I was wearing undies at first, but I stopped and I'm soooo much more comfty!!!! I'll have to try think chamois compared to thick ones.. I'm pretty sure it'll be a no go for me because of my sensitive bits!

The diva cup peaked my interest. I went to the website and now am wondering about ordering one.

I think underwear should be banned from the face of the earth....just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by amylc View Post
    I think underwear should be banned from the face of the earth....just my opinion.
    I totally agree with you on this one with the following exception - please, o please, dear women, wear underwear when you are going to the fitting room to try on pants, shorts, etc.

I do love my Soma underwear and don't want it to be banned, but I think it is much more comfortable to wear riding shorts without underwear.
    "Chisel praise in stone; write criticism in sand."

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    For inquiring minds: http://www.divacup.com/