Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Riding in Raleigh

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi, I'm looking for women interested in riding the greenway (or the roads) with me a few days a week or join a group. I'm new to riding and have hesitated to contact a group ( waiting to get "good enough"). So, what is "good enough"? I've been riding for a few months and am doing 20 miles+ several mornings a week at 14mph avg. I would like to work towards a "century" but am in need of guidence, motivational advice and competative pressure. p.s. no spring chicken here...49 but fit. Any advice Raleigh?

Hey, I'm in Chapel Hill and I'd probably be up for a riding buddy a couple times a week. I just got my road bike, so I'm really just starting and not at all ready to join a group, but if you'd like to ride together on like saturdays or sundays, I'd be up for it...
    Always loyal...

I'm looking for female riders in north raleigh, 14-16 mph avg, but wanting to improve like me so we can ride with the boys! so many groups of men and it's so fun in a big group, I want to get fast enough to ride with them! Anyone else??

Kat

I'm in!

Hey, my name is Sam and I'm new to the area. Is anyone still looking for a riding partner? I just moved here about three weeks ago and have mainly been riding offroad, but I'd like to get in a riding group. Email me at szczur@email.unc.edu if you're interested.

Thanks!
    Sam

Hi Sam ~ I'm not riding right now as I am recovering from an injury, but check out www.tarwheels.org. It's a great club with lots of choices of rides of different paces. You don't have to be a club member to join the rides, but of course we'd love for you to join the club too. Make sure to check out the "standing rides". There's a women's ride on Wednesday nights that leaves from Duke (I've done that the past two years, but not this summer, unfortunately). I don't know what pace you ride, but there is something for everyone on Tarwheel rides - turtles and hares.

Welcome to the area!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Thanks

Hey Emily. I've been to the Tarwheels site. I'd love to join and get in on the group rides, but I don't have a car so getting to some of the ride starts could be complicated. On my own I ride about a 15 mph pace, more or less depending on the road. I'm going to try to figure out a bus route to Duke, I'd love to ride with some other people. I'm getting sick of riding alone!

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Jane
    Hey Emily. I've been to the Tarwheels site. I'd love to join and get in on the group rides, but I don't have a car so getting to some of the ride starts could be complicated. On my own I ride about a 15 mph pace, more or less depending on the road. I'm going to try to figure out a bus route to Duke, I'd love to ride with some other people. I'm getting sick of riding alone!
    Sam
    Where do you live? You might find you can ride to the start of some group rides. Lots of C-paced Tarwheels rides start from Wilson Park or other parks nearby in Carrboro. My husband and I can ride to the start of rides that start from Maple View ice cream shop as it is just under 8 miles from our house out in the boonies. Your pace would be perfect for the WOW ride or any of the C-paced rides the Tarwheels has. Hope you can make it to some!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I live at the corner of Airport and Homestead, so getting to the park is pretty easy. Thanks for the info, I'm going to see what's going on in terms of C pace rides. One last thing, is Bikefest an annual ride? It looks like a lot of fun!

Sam

Talking Looking for riding partner in Carrboro

I'll also check out the Tarwheels rides, and I'm looking for a riding partner for a couple days a week in the late afternoon, say around 4. I live in Carrboro off Hillsborough road, near McDougle school, right on the way out to Maple View farms, etc. I generally ride 20-30 miles at an average speed of 15-16 mph. I'd like to work on hill climbing!

Rachel