Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Pilates

Pilates

To disable ads, please log-in.

Has anybody done pilates at a studio with the equipment? My core body strength isn't great - plus I need something new. I've seen the mat pilates - but the equipment looks interesting.
    To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.

Trek Project One
    Trek FX 7.4 Hybrid

yeah, I did some mat classes and then last year did about 15 one-on-one sessions w the Pilates equipment. I stopped because I overdid one session and aggravated an old back condition--precisely what I was trying to avoid.

I prefer activities that I can either do entirely on my own or which have a faster pace. (tho I do yoga occasionally!)

I find it more useful to use a stability ball. I hate it, but it works.

Most people who try Pilates seem to love it, so I'm probably in the minority here.
    2003 Trek 7500FX/standard saddle
    2006 Trek Pilot 2.1/Serfas cutout saddle

I recently had foot surgery to repare a stubborn stress fracture that wouldnt get better... so I had to find something to keep me sane and quasi in shape. I started doing different Pilates videos at home (Windsor is by far my favorite... also the 'Cruch' series has a pretty intense mat workout) and I found that I got pretty lean pretty quick. My bulky leg muscles lengthened out, and when I got back on my bike, I actually felt stronger. I HIGHLY suggest it...
    "There's something about getting grimy and sweaty with the gals. You feel like you're breaking the rules. You're not made of sugar and spice and everything nice. You're not someone's girlfriend and you're not someone's mother. For that moment, at least, all you have to be is a cyclist." -Kimberly Grob

"Live strong, Live wrong"