Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I own a Bianchi Eros Donna and love it, so I'm biased in that way. My best advice--and advice you're already gotten--is to take both bikes out for a spin, and a long one if the shop will let you. Find a patch of rough road and see how each one feels. Try to find a hill or two. One bike over the other might just "speak" to you. I'm with Knotted in being a fan of steel bikes, but again, you have go with what feels good to you.

As for the Mirage versus 105 debate. Both groupsets are quality groups, and you'll get a lot of miles out of each. Neither of them will last forever, but that's true of even the higher end stuff. In any event, unless you're really a gear head (like me), I wouldn't get too bogged down in those details. The frame geometry and material is a far more important consideration. If something on whatever bike you choose ends up bothering you, you can always upgrade that component.

Whatever you do, spend some time with the LBS (or find a professional fitter if necessary) to help you dial in your fit. To me, that's the most important money you can spend when buying a bike. Your body will thank you.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

I rode the Tourmalet today- and am just as undecided as ever. It was a good ride, but short. The fit was good and the ride was comfortable. I have a feeling that it'll be the same with the Bianchi. If I absolutely love the Bianchi, the choice will be made. Otherwise, it'll probably come down to price. $350 will cover a lot of the other necessities. I have to say, the Tourmalet was very pretty...

atl_new- Any news on your shopping?

The decision is made! Fate has stepped in and decided for me- I'm getting the LeMond. The bike shop just called to tell me that despite strenuous efforts on their part, they are unable to get me the Eros Donna. I'm a little disappointed, but am a firm believer that things happen the way they are supposed to. Also, it doesn't hurt that I was completely happy with the Lemond.

So, I'm picking her up on Friday!! Yipee!!

post some pics as soon as you get them and I hope you love your LeMond as much as I love mine.
    If I can't go fast, at least I look good.