Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho

Anyone interested in a regular City Creek ride?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Any gals in Salt Lake interested in participating in a regular evening ride up City Creek? I'm thinking alternating Mondays and Tuesdays depending upon the date (since you can only ride bike up City Creek on odd-numbered days), starting at about 6:30 or so with the time changing as the daylight length gets shorter.

If you're not familiar with City Creek, it's a paved road that has about 1500' of elev gain in about 5.5 miles, and cars are not allowed on the road on odd-numbered days. I usually do a little riding beforehand and also after the climb+descent and sometimes I ride it twice if I'm feeling particularly perky. It's much more enjoyable when you can ride it with others! It's a great after work/evening ride.

Anyone? You can post here or PM me...

Me! But the commute might be kind of tough.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow View Post
    Any gals in Salt Lake interested in participating in a regular evening ride up City Creek?
    Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Me! But the commute might be kind of tough.
    Ahem, did you read it closely enough, missy? Either that or you're moving and you didn't tell me!!! Should I buy you a XC ski/snowshoe pass for winter 07-08?

Yeah, I read it. It's the commute from here to there for each ride that would be tough.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Yellow

I have never ridden up city creek but would be up for the challenge. Let me know when you are planning on going.

I pretty much do the ride either Monday or Tuesday already, just thought it would be nice to have some company.

I'll plan on riding it Monday evening 7/23, so if anyone wants to join me, send a PM and we'll arrange the meeting place and time.

Sulis, I'll see you on Saturday so we can chat about it then. Saturday's ride will make City Creek look like a recovery ride!

I'm in

I'd like to try it, too. Next time possible for me would probably be on the 31st, and that depends on what Coach Man has planned for me that day.

Are we still on for Saturday?
    If you can read this, take a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieK View Post
    Are we still on for Saturday?
    Looks like we are! Guess we were posting at the same time.

Yah, and I just sent you a PM about Saturday.

AK, I don't know that it's worth your while to come all the way from Oremland! It's a fun ride but it is pretty short (though if we do it twice and throw in a cemetery loop we can get it up over 25 mi). But of course I'd love to ride it with you if you would like to come north.

I had planned to ride City Creek this evening but it thunderstormed and I didn't want to ride in the rain and/or on a sloppy wet road (especially since the descent is steep and twisty in places).

The most tempting part for me is the fact that the road is closed to cars on those days! I got really spoiled during my last race where they had the road closed. I've been really grumpy about having to share with the cars ever since! Nothing like having the whole road to yourself!
    It would be worth the drive for that.

And to ride with you, of course!