Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Road/Tri Bikes

Road/Tri Bikes

To disable ads, please log-in.

I know there is a forum like this about tri bikes.

The thing is... I have a Giant OCR3 that I want to use for triathlons. Do you really think its a big deal if I use a road bike for triathlons? I have an aerobar, plus, Im making more upgrades to my bike.

What do you guys think.... is it that big of a deal if i use a road bike during tri's? I mean... for now, to get me started into triathlons.

Thanks!
    Shannon

I don't think it is a big deal at all. My bike is the same way. I've done a couple of half ironmans and shorter distances and don't really feel much of an impact.

The areo bars can make your bike a little more squirley (sp?) but still, I don't think it is a problem.

Best of luck, Kelly
    Kelly

I used a road bike with clip on aero bars and a forward seatpost for a couple of years before deciding to make the switch. If my road bike had actually fit, I probably wouldn't have given it another thought to keep that setup. I must say that I love having the shifters on the ends of the aerobars, now, but it also presents more of a challenge for shifting on steep hills. LOTS of folks start out/stay the way of the modified road bike.

~Angie

Ah thats good to hear. I just didnt want to show up with a modified road bike and have people think "What is she doing here with a road bike". lol. But yeah I didnt see that much of a difference (I know there is some) But I didnt know that tons of people are that way. Thanks!

Shannon