Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Back Pain *&^^*!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well friend, I think your bike doesn't fit properly, your core strength isn't what it should be, or it's just that you're a new rider. Or any combination of these. create a higher posture by raising the stem and possibly moving the seat forward a little bit And Ease into the sport. your sound like your in good shape but cycling uses different muscles than other sports.

Newbie needs advice for back soreness

Hi all,
    I'm a noob to road bike postures. I've been riding a Jamis coda elite (flat bar but w/ 700cc tires) seat level with bars or a smidgen lower, top tube 54.5 on a 30.5 inseam and 5'6" overall height. I think I'm at about a 45 degree tilt.

I noticed that after only 20 min, my right lower back feels really stiff. I'm wondering if its the fit of the bike or that my fitness isn't adapted to road positions yet?

Psoas
    sorry, I just couldn't stop my fingers from the keyboard
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Hmm could be me

Quote Originally Posted by barita_lola View Post
    Well friend, I think your bike doesn't fit properly, your core strength isn't what it should be, or it's just that you're a new rider. Or any combination of these. create a higher posture by raising the stem and possibly moving the seat forward a little bit And Ease into the sport. your sound like your in good shape but cycling uses different muscles than other sports.
    hmm this could apply to me too. I adjusted my seat forward a bit to see if that helps. I got the bike in April, then in July went on a wine tour of Burgundy. woohoo!! that really ignited an interest in touring. 4 gorgeous days like today, sunny 75 degrees in the countryside. When I got back from riding hybrids, I was pretty strong, but its hard to find time now.

I'll keep playing with adjustable parts. Next - eyeballing a Rivendell Saluki.

Margaret
    Last edited by bnylo; 08-29-2007 at 03:44 AM.