Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Bored !!!!!

Bored !!!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

For the past few weeks and even months i felt kind of bored.I just feel miserable about my life's situation although i'm still lucky to live , have time to do something i want , can even ride the ride but still there's a lack within me.
    For the last 2 years and a half i've been jobless, i still live with my parents.I've got not much friends but it's okey i still got my cats to mingle with.
    Success in Life can never be an accident.It is th result of right decisions at the right time.
    angel

Wow. did I get up and write that in the middle of the night?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Sounds like time to do something completely different just to shake things up a bit-
    Take a course or join up with something you would normally never do. Learn karate? Go fishing? Take a foreign language course? Buy some rollerblades? Go horseback riding? Volunteer at an animal shelter? Take a boat/rafting ride? Take up origami? Do a story hour at a nursing home? Tai chi? Learn basket making or take pottery course?

Often doing something oddball can lead to a whole new pathway in unpredictable ways. Good luck!
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

post-adolescent ennui strikes us all. (sometimes more than once )

I agree with Lisa: do something. Go volunteer if getting a job is out of the question. Move to another country for a while. Learn something new.

Develop coping mechanisms now, so that when you hit your next bout of ennui you can pick yourself up and dust yourself off and get over it quickly. It's just part of being human. It will pass, but if you can move it along you will have learned something important about being an adult.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I've suggested to my adult children to get a job in a foreign location, even if it means waiting tables or something like that....go to the Bahamas or the Caymans for work. Pick somewhere fabulous that you wouldn't get to see otherwise. Do it while you're young and don't have any responsibilities. It sounds like so much fun and enriching, and I wish I had thought of it when I was 18.

Karen