Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Does anyone sell womens specific frames only?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm trying to build a campy womens bike but I can't find anyone that will sell me a frame only. I'm looking for something like a Trek 1600 WSD framset.

I wonder if you find a local Trek dealer they could order you in a frame only.

K.

As Kimmyt says, seems to me either the Trek dealer or if you have a good LBS - they would do that. I actually was at my LBS today with that same question. For me I was interested in the WSD Specialized S Works or a Ruby Pro frame and building up with other components I have and would upgrade to. I know that they sell an S Works module and the LBS said that getting a frame of any sort shouldn't be a problem. You might have to hunt and peck a little more if you are having problems but you are the consumer - seems to me you should find someone to accomodate you.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    What frame material are you wanting...steel, carbon, ti, aluminum?....
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    What frame material are you wanting...steel, carbon, ti, aluminum?....
    Al or low end carbon frame.

Have you looked at Terry?
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

....and Luna
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Once you know the geometry you are looking for, there are deals to be had on Ebay. I would try your best to go through a local shop, but sometimes it's just not possible...

Kona sells women's frames, too, but they only have a couple.

My bike shop has a ton of bare frames for sale, but I've never checked them out.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Luna and Terry are both out of my price range. I'm looking to spend no more than $1500 for a complete bike with at least 105/veloce components. Campy is preferred.

I have a lot of spare parts lying around so I can put together a veloce or centaur bike for not too much if I can just get my hands on a frame.

Do any of the Soma or Surly frames meet your needs? Their websites have very detailed descriptions of the geometries. I know you'd rather have aluminum or carbon, and they are steel, but the frame prices are very reasonable and could keep you well within your budget. (a nice new Soma frame and fork would only use about half your budget)

You might also contact a bike shop that sells used frames ( like www.recycledcycles.com ) and see if they have anything with the right geometry and in al or carbon.

And there's always Salsa or Kona. I've seen lovely build-ups on Salsa frames, and had a Kona that I really liked even though the Al frame jittered the heck out of me.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

I got a never-built carbon Aegis Swift (WSD) frame and fork on Ebay a few years ago for $699. At the time, the frame/fork combo was running $2100 new. So I got a real deal, though my frame was older (1999, purchased in 2003) - a leftover from a small California bike shop. If you know the geometry you need, I agree that good deals can be found on eBay, especially if you're patient. Triskeliongirl here on TE got a Terry Isis frame (steel) on eBay for $100 last year and built an amazing bike around it!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    Luna and Terry are both out of my price range. I'm looking to spend no more than $1500 for a complete bike with at least 105/veloce components. Campy is preferred.
    I suggest you check out GVH Bikes online. Their prices on build kits are hard to beat, and they will even assemble the bike for just $75. They are building my bike as we speak. With your tight budget, it might be the way to go. I'm all for supporting the LBS, but sometimes you just can't pass up a great deal.

I picked up a beautiful used carbon frame for $640 on Ebay, had it shipped directly to GVH for a nice full 105 build. The whole deal is costing me exactly $1700 with all the shipping and every part.

If you get a nice used frameset on Ebay or elsewhere for $500 or so, you could get the same thing done in your price range...
    Last edited by rij73; 07-10-2007 at 06:49 AM.

This frame is one of the best deals on the internet. Not women's specific, but very conservative top tube measurements.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=3020

That frame plus a Veloce build from GVH will run you in the $1400 range with shipping. You can subtract the spare parts you already have from that price and get a really good deal!
    Last edited by rij73; 07-10-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post

I have a lot of spare parts lying around so I can put together a veloce or centaur bike for not too much if I can just get my hands on a frame.
    If you check the Terry website there is a board where people post used Terry bikes for sale. You could check that or even post that you're looking for a frame.

Another option is look for a bike used from any venue you look for used bikes, and strip it down and build it up. If the price of the entire bike is in your budget, there you go.

I'm having a freewheel built up from a Motobecane I found in a nearby dumpster (yes I did everything under the sun to make sure it was not hot).
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/