Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY

To disable ads, please log-in.

There have been a couple of posts somewhere on here recently that said the Speedplay LightAction were really nice.
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks like I'll be getting her those Speedplays!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    They would be a good choice, as well as the Speedplay Frogs which people seem to rave about as well. Mountain bike shoes will enable her to walk "normally" in her recessed-cleat shoes as compared to hobbling/clacking along on road shoe cleats.
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Have been on 3 rides with my new Light Action pedals. I did tip over once (embarrassing), but they are quite easy to get out of. Getting into them takes a little more weight than I thought it would, but I'm getting the hang of it!

Quote Originally Posted by rij73 View Post
    Have been on 3 rides with my new Light Action pedals. I did tip over once (embarrassing), but they are quite easy to get out of. Getting into them takes a little more weight than I thought it would, but I'm getting the hang of it!
    Everyone falls as least once. When I first started riding clip less I fell over 4 times trying to clip in while going uphill. Don't be embarrassed

Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    Everyone falls as least once. When I first started riding clip less I fell over 4 times trying to clip in while going uphill. Don't be embarrassed
    Thanks, Skunk! That is exactly what happened to me. Not enough momentum starting uphill, and I lost my balance.

Quote Originally Posted by rij73 View Post
    Please let us know if the clipping in improves. My understanding is that this is exactly the problem light weight women were having with the original zeros.

We have all fallen in the beginning. It will get better!

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S.H. View Post
    They would be a good choice, as well as the Speedplay Frogs which people seem to rave about as well. Mountain bike shoes will enable her to walk "normally" in her recessed-cleat shoes as compared to hobbling/clacking along on road shoe cleats.
    I traded my Speedplay lollipops for the Frogs on my road bike and I LOVE it. It's the easiest to clip in and out of. Plus, I can walk around with recessed cleats. And the neatest bonus? You don't clog up the pedals with debris and dirt.