Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: &*^% FedEx!!!

&*^% FedEx!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok, far be it for me to criticize them. I defend them, they are my brethren but they haul cargo instead of people. I understand delays, logistics, and on-time performance. This is what I don't understand.

On friday, I placed an order for 2nd day delivery. No rush for it but you know, boxes appearing on my doorstep make me happy. The 2nd day was the Team Performance thing, not my choice.

The package got to Seattle on saturday. So, maybe I'd get it on monday instead! I checked the tracking and saw that it was loaded on the delivery vehicle this morning!

I just checked it. It was brought back to the station and this is what tracking info said:

Jul 9, 2007 2:09 PM

At local FedEx facility
    SEATTLE, WA
    Package not due for delivery

7:47 AM
    On FedEx vehicle for delivery
    SEATTLE, WA

So basically they loaded it only to bring it back because I wasn't supposed to have it yet. Grrrrr......I'd call and vent but I'd also lay odds that I'd be speaking to a contracted person who couldn't tell me WHY this is. I guess I will laugh to myself about the poor people loading and offloading and the fuel used even to add this little bit of weight to the vehicle.

What a screwy world we live in... It sure is a new one on me.

smilingcat

Indeed. I e-mailed them asking why. I can see if they held it in their distribution center until the scheduled delivery date but if they loaded it on their truck, why not deliver? To give them credit, they responded quickly and said:

Although freight does sometimes arrive before our committed delivery day, due to volume and operational requirements deliveries generally are not completed until the packages are due for delivery.

We hope this information is helpful. Again, thank you for contacting FedEx.

sigh.

I just moved back to Florida and shipped my bike UPS(and luckily I got it this time), but I had the same thing happen. I shipped it 3 day, and it went out monday, with wed being the 4th). So it was received here in south fl on tuesday, put on a truck, but not delivered until Thursday. Still one day before I was supposed to receive it, but it was placed on the truck, at 7:04 AM on Tuesday.

They love to make you wait, I find it stupid- wouldn't they be better off to move it off of their trucks so they can deliver more cargo, thereby increasing their load/profit?

Okay, so this is UPS, but check this out - package sent on 2-day air on July 2. Package gets "left" in a UPS facility - package not delivered until July 6 - SHEESH! Granted, there was a holiday thrown in there, but still . . . I paid for 2-day air, not 4-day air:

PHOENIX,
    AZ, US 07/06/2007 10:46 A.M. DELIVERY
    07/06/2007 3:57 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
    PHOENIX,
    AZ, US 07/05/2007 9:30 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    SYLMAR,
    CA, US 07/05/2007 11:17 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    07/05/2007 10:04 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    WEST SACRAMENTO,
    CA, US 07/05/2007 12:45 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    WEST SACRAMENTO,
    CA, US 07/03/2007 11:29 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    ROCKLIN,
    CA, US 07/03/2007 1:14 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
    ROCKLIN,
    CA, US 07/02/2007 4:49 P.M. PICKUP SCAN
    US 07/02/2007 12:21 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

I have a similar story about Fedex from the last week of June. Package went out on Monday. On Thursday in the wee hours it was put on the truck for delivery. Not delivered. Friday, still on the truck, not delivered. I call, and they don't come to my town on Saturday. I finally get the package on Monday EVENING, and all this time it was on the TRUCK for delivery.

The sad part was, it was our wireless microphone for our ballpark, coming back from repair. I didn't have it for both post season tournaments, so none of the little kids got to hear their names being called over the PA system as they were coming up to bat. That's a privilege they are supposed to get at district and state tournaments. I thought that was the saddest part.

Karen

I got a package early...

I got a package today that was 3 days early. I don't know what shipper was used but it was from REI (a roof rack for my Element). It wasn't supposed to come until Thursday. I am glad it's here early.

Okay, I've gotta jump in here!

Years ago, my Mom sent me a care package via UPS. Took it to the UPS place herself. She got mad at me when I never acknowledged her thoughtful gift (I never knew of its existence). She called me a couple of weeks later, when it came back to her IN THE MAIL.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I work for FedEx... I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I guarantee that your package was not on the truck all day. Some AM package handler scanned it as such, and then it was pulled due to stop constraints (the truck was maxed out). While we do screw up now and again, we never hesitate to deliver early if we can! I hope it all works out for you. If not, PM me and I will get out the hammer !
    Trish
    If not now, when?

I've had consistenly good experience w/FedEx and UPS. It's the US Post Office that's incompetent (most of our mailmen/women lack English language skills and seem to misdeliver mail more often than not. We've had lost bills, packages, etc. One day, we got no mail, so I called the post office branch to let them know. The mailman apparently delivered our mail to our next door neighbor, and after the supervisor told him to find the mail ASAP, he walked into our neighbor's house to retrieve it. He didn't knock, ask for the mail back,etc. He saw the front door open, walked in and took the mail off their credenza).

And then there are the stupid companies who send packages that require a signature in person without telling you.

I ordered a new cell phone, and it can't be delivered because nobody's home. Well, nobody will ever be home during the day, and if they had told me a signature was required I would have had it delivered to my work address!

Luckily a nice woman at FedEx (after navigating their very annoying phone tree, sorry Darby361) put a note in to ask that the package be delivered after 6:30 pm, so hopefully I can get the package tonight.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Ahhhh, technology!
    Remember how blissfully unaware we all were before on-line tracking???
    Packages just showed up - poof! - like Christmas morning on random days.
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

Best - Worst FedEx story

December 2005... I ordered some Christmas ornaments from a New Orleans artist for presents. Artist was actually in N.O., not evacuated to somewhere else. FedEx picked up the package for next day delivery to my house in Metairie (suburb of N.O.).
    Package went to the temporary sorting facitilty up river in St. Rose, still fairly close.
    Monday loaded on truck for delivery, friday put back in inventory at St. Rose.
    Monday loaded on truck, friday back to St. Rose.
    Somewhere along the way I notified the artist, who starting trying to get the package back, but FedEx wouldn't allow her the option to go to St. Rose to get it.
    So now three weeks later, monday loaded on the truck for delivery. As I recall on tuesday or wednesday a guy in FedEx uniform jumps out of a Ryder rent a truck to hand me my package. He appologized for the slow delivery, but he was from Portland - had arrived the day before, as had many other drivers to deal with the back log of packages. Then he popped back in his truck and consulted his Garmen GPS unit for routing to the next delivery as he had absolutely NO clue about the streets in this area. My 2 day delivery took a total of 18 days, or something like that. Sucky part was there was no refund for the "express" delivery.
    In the post-Katrina insanity I could sort of understand it, but for bad delivery now, I don't get it.
    Beth

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Sorry about your FedEx incident, teigyr. I've had better luck with them than UPS, tho (although I don't think I really like any of them). But I do know that when TE ships things with priority mail- it gets here toute suite!

Yeah, the Post Office does suck sometimes. DH works for them, so they're our bread and butter- but they are still very frustrating. The problem? The have been in a hiring freeze for over a year and are severely undertaffed. My DH has to work mandatory overtime everyday (yes, he's paid- but he'd rather work 9 hour days than 10 or more) and only gets Sundays off.
    If your regular mailman is gone for a day or a week- you can count on the person filling in to misdeliver mail (they have to know a jillion other routes- so it's hard to be too mad at them). We always know when our mailman is gone- we get mail from the person who lived here 6 years ago. And if you're on an auxillary route (no regular mailman- just subs everyday) then... you're kinda SOL. Call your local branch and complain (about the reasonable stuff anyway). If they get enough complaints then maybe (and that's a BIG maybe) it'll change.

While they mostly do a good job- they can be very frustrating. The employees are sometimes just as frustrated as the customers. Stupid big companies....
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike