Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I really want them for my gloves. No way to signal turns!
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lise View Post
    On the wheels, they're virtually invisible during the day. Otherwise, they look like silver patches on my purse, panniers, etc. The spoke stickers are rectangular; you wrap them around each spoke.
    Arrgh. If these came in black I'd totally get them. But both of my bikes currently have black spokes and the silver stickers would look funny...

It's a great idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by liza View Post
    Arrgh. If these came in black I'd totally get them. But both of my bikes currently have black spokes and the silver stickers would look funny...

It's a great idea though!
    Easy-peasy: Get the black tape, cut it in little sections, wrap it around the spokes.
    Problem solved!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    I really want them for my gloves. No way to signal turns!
    You could get quite fancy with the gloves; you could put a little oval on the back of each finger, and a big oval on the back of the hand, etc. I love these things.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Lise, have you considered going into sales?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by mimitabby View Post
    Lise, have you considered going into sales?
    The funny thing is, they do have some deal where if a friend orders (x) number of packets, and mentions your name, you get some sort of kickback! I should focus more, and include this info in my posts!

I do love them. The problem with me and sales is that I couldn't sell something I didn't love. So, let's see. I could sell...Lightweights, cats, dachshunds, nutrition in pregnancy, books by Karen Armstrong, dark chocolate, my bikes (I don't know other bikes well enough), apartments with nice woodwork and lots of light, sateen sheets, time spent with BF and/or my sister (wouldn't actually sell BF or sister), 24 on DVD...these are a few of my faaaavorite things...!

(Can you tell I am working a 24 hr shift and only got 1.5 hr sleep last night? I'm off with high hopes of a nap)
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Removing wheel reflectors is the easiest and the most OCP thing anyone can do.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lise!! I am ordering the tape, for sure. I will wrap it, candy-cane style, around the flag of my BOB trailer. I've been looking for something like this.

Annie
    Time is a companion that goes with us on a journey. It reminds us to cherish each moment, because it will never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we have lived." Captain Jean Luc Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Lise View Post
    You could get quite fancy with the gloves; you could put a little oval on the back of each finger, and a big oval on the back of the hand, etc. I love these things.
    You could have it spelling out "share the road" on jackets ......Lise, you could retire and sell tape, and dark chocolate
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I am going to get some of the reflective light thingys too - I really like the idea of putting it on my gloves. During the school yr I commute at night and I am always trying to find more ways to be visible. I will leave the reflectors on my new Jamis for the time being - it is my road bike (as opposed to my commute bike) - but I like it so much - andit has eyelets for a rack - that it might also be commute bike in good weather this year. thanks for all the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
    Removing wheel reflectors is the easiest and the most OCP thing anyone can do.
    OCP?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

YAY! Everybody sing: I'm reflective! So reflective! So reflective and pretty and wise! I'm so shiny, that you just will not believe your eyes! (Tune of "I'm So Pretty" from West Side Story!)

I am so happy that y'all are getting to use the Lightweights. I'm seeing more and more how truly invisible bikes are, even at twilight. They just disappear from view. I pulled up next to a woman at a stoplight recently, around 10 PM. I was lit up like the proverbial X-mas tree. She had NOTHING lit or reflective on her bike or clothing. She did NOT have a helmet. She was listening to HEADPHONES. I got her attention, said hi, and then said, "you know, you're very hard to see in the dark." She had just gotten a basket for the back of her bike which covered her only reflector. She said, "Oh, yeah, thanks..." and put the ear phones back in. I guess I'm lucky she didn't tell me to mind my own business.

I bought some dark chocolate on the way home from work! Just spreadin' the gospel of visibility and antioxidants. Doin' my part to save humanity.
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    OCP?
    me too
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    OCP?
    obsessive compulsive poseur

Quote Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
    obsessive compulsive poseur