Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by profŕvélo
    I'm posting this because I need to focus on what I accomplished, not on what I didn't . . . I finished, bawling as I crossed the finish line, after 10 hours and 13 minutes. That was the hardest thing I have ever done.
    Bravo for you! That's the attitude that got you up there. I'm impressed with all the riders that just start this ride. I'd heard the weather was awful this year. Great accomplishment to finish let along in the miserable conditions. So, did you get your own bankie at the end?

SK
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by DeniseGoldberg
    Ah, another person surprised by the nasty hills in Connecticut! I had a similar experience many years ago - I went to a LAB (League of American Bicyclists) rally in CT, and was unpleasantly surprised by the rolling hills. I'm not a great hill climber, and those short steep hills in the northeast really get me good!

Congrats on completing your ride.

--- Denise
    Thanks Denise, I will convey this message to my friend. I will be honest in saying that we will probably ride this one again next year as we will be more mentally prepared and hopefully the sun will be shinning.

I am sure riding a Hampton ride in August, (hopefully my husband can join us) and then the Pumpkin Patch Centure in NJ in Oct will be piece of cake after this as both those rides we are sure are flat or close to it. My friend Chris tode them before.

~JoAnn

COngrats on finishing in Pro - it sounds like a She-Ra Princess of Power kinda ride and you should get a tiara for doing it!! You go girl!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Woot!

Drove 2 hours east to Carrollton, Ga., on Saturday to do the West Georgia 100 on Sunday, my 2nd charity ride. I did my first continuous 50 miles. Yeeha! I certainly could have done a few more to get my first metric century but it was getting VERY hot and I knew I was already getting sunburned, despite precautions. Anyhoo, I know I'll get my first metric century this summer, and that makes me happy, considering I got my road bike in February.

Next March (06) I'll celebrate my 50th birthday. I plan to do a 100-mile century before then. Can you say...

MIDDLE AGED CRAZY!!! in all the right ways. This board is such a fun, supportive group of friends. Thanks so much for all you're teaching me!

Go, Shew, go!!! This is going to be a fun summer!

Quote Originally Posted by shewhobikes
    Drove 2 hours east to Carrollton, Ga., on Saturday to do the West Georgia 100 on Sunday, my 2nd charity ride. I did my first continuous 50 miles. Yeeha! I certainly could have done a few more to get my first metric century but it was getting VERY hot and I knew I was already getting sunburned, despite precautions. Anyhoo, I know I'll get my first metric century this summer, and that makes me happy, considering I got my road bike in February.

Next March (06) I'll celebrate my 50th birthday. I plan to do a 100-mile century before then. Can you say...

MIDDLE AGED CRAZY!!! in all the right ways. This board is such a fun, supportive group of friends. Thanks so much for all you're teaching me!
    heckie dern I have no doubts you'll get that century in. and let me tell ya, once you do one - it becomes not IF I can, but do I have the time??! LOL
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"