Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You slowed down just to flip the bird???

To disable ads, please log-in.

DH and I were stopped at a stoplight today waiting to turn on a busier road. While we are there obeying the law, a guy comes toward the intersection on the cross street. He approaches the green light, rolls down his window, slows down, honks and sticks his hand out to flip us off.

We smiled real big and waved.

Seriously, was his action worth slowing down? He was going the opposite way on the road we were turning on, there were no other cyclist and we definitely were not impeding his drive at all. I guess he was amused for a few minutes though.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Ahhh, a genius, a veritable genius.

He probably patted himself on the back for his brilliance and wit for miles.

Smiling and waving is a beautiful rejoiner.
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie_Ama View Post
    We smiled real big and waved.
    You are such bigger people than I am. Seriously.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    See, I used to return the compliment to those small brained motorist. But one day I noticed when people honk, say something rude or whatever my DH would just put the biggest fake smile on his face and wave with enthusiam. I asked him why... He said "It makes me look like the bigger person and occassionally the honk is a heads up out of courtesy they don't realize it spokes you so then I am just being nice." So now I try to keep my temper in check and follow my brilliant DH's lead, it is hard but darn amusing to me.
    Amanda

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

. He approaches the green light, rolls down his window, slows down, honks and sticks his hand out to flip us off.
    And I thought I had no life.
    At least he had somewhere to go. The liquor store, most likely.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    And I thought I had no life.
    At least he had somewhere to go. The liquor store, most likely.
    You can't buy liquor in Texas on Sundays, but probably going to the grocery store 1 mile further down for beer and cigarettes. Did I mention he was in a FOrd F250, maybe he is insecure? We were pretty amused for a good mile of our ride by him.
    Amanda

I sometimes blow kisses instead of smiling. A big, flamboyant, two-handed Carol Channing kiss.

mmmmwah!

Karen

Unless they really tick me off (not often) I smile and wave too, as if they were being friendly.
    YOu know, when they slow down to flip you the bird it's because it's too hard for them to drive and signal at the same time..
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckervill View Post
    I sometimes blow kisses instead of smiling. A big, flamboyant, two-handed Carol Channing kiss.

mmmmwah!

Karen
    OOoooH, I like that!!! I'm gonna do that too!!

Mimi, that's exactly what I thought- he can't drive and flip the bird at the same time, so he has to stop first- insufficient brain cells.
    Lisa
    My mountain dulcimer network...FOTMD.com...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    My personal blog:My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Same here. Last time I got flipped off I followed the guy into his work parking lot (near my building), I was hopping off the bike to go start something and I must've looked royally pissed cuz he ran into his building looking over his shoulder at me the whole way...coward!

Electra Townie 7D

. Did I mention he was in a FOrd F250...
    I thought it was the law in Texas to drive a Ford F250

So if you were out riding, then it finally stopped raining?
    45 straight days of rain, I'm worried about you guys.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    I thought it was the law in Texas to drive a Ford F250

So if you were out riding, then it finally stopped raining?
    45 straight days of rain, I'm worried about you guys.
    You know some people need a truck that big for ranching, some need one that big to compensate for small brains or ummm...

Yesterday we got stuck in a big downpour, today not a drop! The roads are pretty messed up from all this rain and I hear thunder now. *SIGH*

Karen- Too funny! I should try that.
    Mimi- The great thing about him slowing down is he could see us wave and smile. That is a keen observation about his driving skills.
    Amanda

All of your posts on this subject have mead me laugh. I agree about the lack of brian cells and having to slow down just to give the "sign". One of my friends that I ride with gets so upset when people do that to us. To me I just think that they are just really jealous that they can't ride a bike. hehehe

I saw a HUUUUUGE truck down-town, and someone had stuck a little bumpersticker under the truck on the suspension or the frame or something where the owner standing behind the truck wouldn't see it, but someone farther back or lower down would.

It said "Big Truck, Little D*ck."

I imagined some radical pedestrian or cyclist armed with a pocketful of those stickers, wreaking havoc in a shopping mall parking lot....
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KnottedYet View Post
    I saw a HUUUUUGE truck down-town, and someone had stuck a little bumpersticker under the truck on the suspension or the frame or something where the owner standing behind the truck wouldn't see it, but someone farther back or lower down would.

It said "Big Truck, Little D*ck."

I imagined some radical pedestrian or cyclist armed with a pocketful of those stickers, wreaking havoc in a shopping mall parking lot....

have you heard yet where we can each buy em??? They'd be a staple in my jersey pocket...