Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's BikeMomma's Birthday!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hope it was a great day!
    Last edited by snapdragen; 01-06-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Happy Birthday!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Have a Happy Birthday!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Happy, happy birthday!!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you had a fantastic day.
    Donna

HEY! Happy Bday, girl.
    Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us

Have a happy happy birthday!

Whoo-hooo! Happy Birthday!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Have a Happy!

Wow, thanks you guys! And Snap for starting the thread (gawsh, you're awesome!)

Had my morning ride with the guys, then came home, relaxed a wee bit, showered, and then the family took me out to dinner in Pacific Grove on the coast to my favorite restaurant (Vito's Italian). Yes, it's worth the drive! The food there is primo and the service/employees are just as fantastic. It's always a treat to go. After dinner, we watched the sun set down at the beach and then home we went. The kids were all knocked out by the time we got there. So was I! My DH had to stop for coffee to get us safely home.

Aren't those out-of-town trips the best? The kind where you come home exhausted and happy? It was an awesome day -- thanks you guys, for your b-day wishes!

Hugz,
    Kim
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Hey! I was just thinking about you. I must have felt the happy vibes.

Any out of town trips planned this way on Wednesday for a little crit that just happens to go by a Peet's?
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Quote Originally Posted by BikeMomma View Post
    Wow, thanks you guys! And Snap for starting the thread (gawsh, you're awesome!)

Had my morning ride with the guys, then came home, relaxed a wee bit, showered, and then the family took me out to dinner in Pacific Grove on the coast to my favorite restaurant (Vito's Italian). Yes, it's worth the drive! The food there is primo and the service/employees are just as fantastic. It's always a treat to go. After dinner, we watched the sun set down at the beach and then home we went. The kids were all knocked out by the time we got there. So was I! My DH had to stop for coffee to get us safely home.

Aren't those out-of-town trips the best? The kind where you come home exhausted and happy? It was an awesome day -- thanks you guys, for your b-day wishes!

Hugz,
    Kim
    This sounds like an absolutely perfect birthday. Belated birthday wishes to you--I'm glad it was happy.
    The Journey is the Reward.

Happy Birthday BikeMomma!

Sounds like a lovely day!
    Keep calm and carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by SadieKate View Post
    Hey! I was just thinking about you. I must have felt the happy vibes.

Any out of town trips planned this way on Wednesday for a little crit that just happens to go by a Peet's?
    YES! Still not sure if I'm actually racing (...but probably will, stubborn me...) because of my nagging back injury (...which would get better if I wouldn't ride, but that's not going to happen...), but we're planning to come up whether I race or not. Alot of the guys I ride with are racing, including Charlotte, who has now upgraded to Cat 2 and is still racking up points! Also, my husband has a brother that lives in/around Vacaville. We're thinking of making a long day of it -- racing, visiting, and finding a fireworks show to go to, and then possibly staying the night. But, we still have to set all that up (if my DH would get on the ball.... ).

My race will be at 9:40........Peet's to follow!

Do you know any good fireworks shows up there? We saw that Arco Arena will have a big show, but haven't had a chance to look up any more.

Thanks you guys!
    Kim
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

After seeing fireworks paid for by Demi and Bruce (yes that Demi and Bruce) at Stanley, Idaho's 150th anniversary I've kind of sworn off fireworks. The firepower of a display funded by thpse two and lighting up the entire Stanley Basin with no other city lights around spoils you for all future shows. The Davis Aggie lists the Cal Expo Show (free but parking is $7 and reserved seating is $10). But the town of Davis has the usual free concerts, a skydiving exhibition, taiko drums, and fireworks. Ooh, don't forget the mayor's speech.

Are your kids too old/young for the kids crit at noon. Actually, I can't believe you have kids at all since you look about 18.

Okey-dokey, going to have to rework our ride plans for the day. We weren't planning on being at the race until 12 for Junior Racer Boy. Forecast is for 104 so be happy you have an early race.
    Last edited by SadieKate; 07-02-2007 at 01:16 PM.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.