Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: New mtn bike

New mtn bike

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi all, I usually lurk on this portion of the boards, but I went and bought a mtn bike today. Actually I traded my hybrid for it b/c it wasn't being ridden much over the road bike and I wanted something that's more off road and can take some more harsher terrain besides paths. So I ended up w/ a Trek 3700 hardtail and I took it for a 4 mi spin today and got the tires dirty. a nice feeling. I'm getting a new stem for my road bike which will still get ridden as often. I'm hoping I'll get some strength from riding the mtn bike that can help on the road.

Here's a pic: I got the black one- size 18 I'm 5'8"-- 32" inseam

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes..._series/3700/#

Jennifer

Mountain biking is great for building strength. I was pleasantly surprised when I did my first long road ride (85 miles) after just mountain biking all summer.

I try to mountain bike at least once a week when I'm training for doubles. It's a nice change of pace and more intense than my after work road rides.

Have fun with it!

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    Mountain biking is great for building strength. I was pleasantly surprised when I did my first long road ride (85 miles) after just mountain biking all summer.

I try to mountain bike at least once a week when I'm training for doubles. It's a nice change of pace and more intense than my after work road rides.

Have fun with it!

V.
    Thanks Veronica It is good for a change of pace.

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Wow- it's a beauty (in a rough and rugged sort of way).
    Looks like it'll be oh so much fun to tear up the trails on!!!

I love my mtn bike, but only ride it in the off season (I hate ticks, chiggers, and poison plants- so winter is best for trailing around here). It's great for a change of pace- and I really like getting dirty and staying warm in the trees during the winter.

Enjoy!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Wow- it's a beauty (in a rough and rugged sort of way).
    Looks like it'll be oh so much fun to tear up the trails on!!!

I love my mtn bike, but only ride it in the off season (I hate ticks, chiggers, and poison plants- so winter is best for trailing around here). It's great for a change of pace- and I really like getting dirty and staying warm in the trees during the winter.

Enjoy!!!
    I never thought about the trees keeping you warmer. and yes,no bugs, I like to ride yr round, I'm in the south.