Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floyd Book Tour

Floyd Book Tour

To disable ads, please log-in.

I saw today that Floyd will doing a book tour. Mostly new york, california, and pennsylvania. The schedule is on the Velonews.com article.

Maybe some TE ladies will check it out and report back! You know, pick up his vibe and verify if he's really believeable.
    Crediamo in te, bici!

what book is it? has he written a book?
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Yes he has written a book about himself. Its called Absolutely Positive.
    Its on amazon and Barnes Noble. I'm just upset there's no stop on his tour in New England.
    Crediamo in te, bici!

Seattle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by teigyr View Post
    wow! wanna go? (I do, I do!)
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

I do!

I work until 8:30 but let me see what I can do. I really really really want to go! Really. Might be able to convince someone to stay for me if I provide the right incentive.

Thanks for posting. For once something is by me. Book Revue. I will be there!!!

~ JoAnn

Ooo...I think I'd be able to make it out for the Seattle signing. I have a friend who might be in town that week, but he should be ok fending for himself for a bit if he doesn't want to come along with me.

I can go to the July 2 signing in PA!!!! Only 25 minutes from my house. Thanks for the tip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsOflove View Post
    Maybe some TE ladies will check it out and report back! You know, pick up his vibe and verify if he's really believeable.
    Yes, I'd say he's very believable. I posted recently about seeing him a week or so ago at a thing at our LBS and DH rode with him a couple of days later. He seems so totally genuine and real.

By the way, the name of the book isn't called Absolutely Positive, as ChainsOfLove reported. It's called Positively False. DH just ordered it.

Depending on price range, wouldn't this make a good idea for a SS gift????

I definitely be at the Riverside,CA signing. Thanks for the post!! Can't wait to read the book!!

Blessings!
    Susan

Hey all,

I picked up the book last week on Friday. It's called "Positively False - How I WON the Tour de France"

I really enjoy Floyd's sense of humor. I always thought he was an interesting character (not meant as a negative comment) and was curious to know more about him. I feel the same with Tyler Hamilton, I would like to read more about him. I've read everything there is to know about Lance

Anywho....so I got the book and read the first few chapters so far. It's a very easy read (as was Lance's "It's Not About The Bike") and I enjoy getting into the person's mind and hearing their stories out of their mouths.

I wasn't sure whether or not Floyd doped or not when all this garbage started. It was strange how he did pretty poorly on stage 16 then got back over 7 minutes the following day. But the more you research about somebody and know their past, I think that it makes a huge impact on present day performance and character. The fact that Floyd won junior nationals on a mountain bike out of high school and all the other things about his childhood that he describes in his book, it leads me to believe that he did not dope and the test results were due to inaccurate testing. There's just some things that make a difference about somebody - their mental strength, their genetic potential, and their determination. There were a lot of things he describes about growing up, getting into road biking, and his cycling numbers (i.e. vo2max, time up certain climbs, etc) that you can't fake.

I feel the same way about Lance. There are a lot of people out there who think he doped. Just read about the guy. He was a pro level triathlete as a teenager. His vo2max was some of the highest recorded when he was a teenager. That kind of stuff cannot be faked. I think he was a Cat 1 before he was 19? Those kinds of genetics don't go away.

I received my preordered book (from February??) finally yesterday. I tore through it and finished it already.

I have to say, I was taken with Floyd from the beginning of the Tour. I didn't know about him before then as I had just gotten back into cycling last Spring (06)... but his whole story about the hip injury, etc... It just drew me in. I was like most and totally broken about the positive results, but I never could really believe that he doped. I just didn't "feel" it about him. I didn't even know a whole lot about him before.

Anyway... this book was a very easy read. I like his take-it-like-it-is style. I read so much last night that I woke up thinking i'd had a long conversation with him the night before. LOL After finishing this book, I have zero doubt in my mind that he does not dope.

I heartily recommend this book! All the background and stories of him growing up, to riding with Lance, etc... its all very very interesting. I even found myself laughing out loud a few times.

He is one of the few TRUE elites.
    2009 Giant Avail Advanced 1
    2008 Trek FX 7.5 (Commuter)

Baby Blue..retired to new rider: 2006 Giant OCR-C

I cannot wait to see him tonight and get my signed copy of the book. Since it is a half hour away I hope any thunderstorms that are expected are not too severe for me to go.

Thanks for the great input on the book. I am so looking forward to reading it

~ JoAnn