Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: June 18 ride

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

June 18 ride

To disable ads, please log-in.

So...I rode my bike to work today. This afternoon, I'm zipping across Georgia Ave in Silver Spring with the light (one of 3 major road crossings I have to make). I hit a bump in the road and hear something plastic-like hitting pavement. I look behind me and see my taillight skittering across the road. It bounced off the daisy chain on my panniers. I pull over, pondering how I'm going to safely retrieve it, when a big black SUV comes by and - CRUNCH - flattens it. I KNEW I should have taken that thing off for the summer. But, no! I HAD to leave it on... Blech...
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

I rode my commuter to meet my friend for lunch, conveniently next to the bike shop, that has a rack outside. We ate outside at a bistro type place so I could keep an eye on my bike.
    A grand total of 8.9 miles for my first day of retirement. When I came home I walked to the community pond and sat and read a magazine, for a total of about a mile and a quarter. It was a gorgeous day, about 79, whispy clouds, no humidity. Tomorrow's going to be 90, but dry.

No training this week, I have to save up all the glycogen reserves I can muster for Saturday

What kind of tail light did you have Regina? maybe Sanity Clause will bring you one.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Still off the bike but am keeping my fingers crossed that my doctor releases me from "recovery prison" on Wednesday. Since I can't ride I walked a total of 8.4 miles today. I so miss my bike!
    Marcie

today it's 112 degrees in phoenix. i rode to church at 7:30 this morning, got done at noon and rode home. i haven't really been putting in the miles since DH was in recovery mode, so riding home i found myself getting slower and slower the farther i got.

i'll be doing this all week since it costs $40 to fill up a freaking miata!!

did i mention it was 112???

safety tip of the day: when you fill up your bottles for the ride home make sure the pink stuff is NOT pink lemonade!
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

Regina- That stinks. At least you didn't need it for safety.

Makbike- Hope the doc clears you soon. I had a running injury a few years back and the doc tried to tell me no riding either, I ignored him. Probably wasn't smart though.

We did 30.88 miles after work. There is a couple of nasty little steep hills and a few longer less steep ones. The rest is just rolling, then a nice false flat downhill to town. The weather was hot, but somehow enjoyable. Must have been the layoff of 80% humidity.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I rode about 21 miles today after work. My mouth has been killing me and today I went to my Dentist and found out I need to have another root canal done. I just had one done in April. no fun, boy does it hurt. actually while I was biking it wasn't too bad, but once I stopped it was pretty darn bad. UGH.

Just a quick 12 miles after work...

I ran over an alligator lizard and killed him for sure. He crunched.

Then I dropped my chain for the second time in two days.

I got to ride through some wonderful orchard sprinklers.

Now I'm going to eat ice cream for dinner.