Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Races this weekend (6/16-17)- how did you do??

To disable ads, please log-in.

I went up to Housatonic Hills RR all by myself. I love how there was originally going to be 4 of us!! ...but of course everybody had to drop out. So I made the trek by myself and was soooo glad I did. The caliber of racing up in New England is very different than NJ.

My race had a good size field. They started the juniors 15 seconds ahead of us because they normally do it the other way around and there's a field mess up like 1 minute in because the juniors want to fly by. So they switch it yesterday and what are the odds that we get stuck behind them!? Then all of a sudden they took off like a bat out of hell, our race kept saying "don't chase! let them go" but I believe the girl who won went with them? I could be mistaken but that's what I heard.

All in all, it was a good race and I had a lot of fun. I was in a group of about 10 for pretty much the whole time. The one part that kind of changed the dynamics of the race was when our whole women's 4 race made a wrong turn. Some of us were further down the road than others (including an extra climb or two) and we all had to turn around and go back. It stinks because this essentially brought the whole field back together and we kind of started from square one. Oh well. The roads were in great condition, the weather was perfect, the riders were all really nice. The course ended with a 1.8 mi climb to the finish. I finished in 8th place and I'm very please with that.

Sounds like wrong turns were the flavor of New England racing this weekend . Unfortunately, we had a worse day at Monson the previous day - see my full report here.

Congrats on a great finish at Housatonic! I've heard those hills are pretty tough.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by equus123 View Post
    I finished in 8th place and I'm very please with that.
    You should be. Top ten finish with no teammates, in a different region, and a wrong turn? Nice job.

thank you very much

The Housatonic results are up on bikereg already. I've been reading other race reports on bikeforums where they refer to it as "Hurtatonic". How are your legs feeling today?

oddly enough? fine. ...good even.

Housatonic results

Congrats on fabulous finish, Miss E. !!

I was at Housatonic doing race support for BF. He raced 35+ and was in the front going into the final climb, but we are puzzled at the listed results--
    They show a 10 minute gap in his class?! Maybe a mistake.

anyway, I had a great time just spectating. I pre-rode part of the course,(as much as I could) on saturday>

There were many many DNFs. Had to be the heat.
    Crediamo in te, bici!

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsOflove View Post
    Congrats on fabulous finish, Miss E. !!

I was at Housatonic doing race support for BF. He raced 35+ and was in the front going into the final climb, but we are puzzled at the listed results--
    They show a 10 minute gap in his class?! Maybe a mistake.

anyway, I had a great time just spectating. I pre-rode part of the course,(as much as I could) on saturday>

There were many many DNFs. Had to be the heat.
    Thank you very much Yeah, on the results on bikereg.com, they show a certain number of starters but then the places are significantly lower (~10-20). I'm glad most of the races finished just before the heat of the day. I'm also VERY please that it seemed like most of the course was shaded. In the NJ state RR a few weekends ago it was aweful. The women's 4 race started at 12:15 in the afternoon! The temp was 92-94 degrees. The entire course was on open roads with no shade with the exception of about 1/2 mile. 38 miles baking in the sun over 90 degrees. NOT happy about that.

LOL Equus... we both got 8th places in our weekend races!
    Except mine was in bitter cold, dodging gusty squalls with snow low on the ranges...
    Think I'd rather race in the cold though than in your heat!

Congrats on a race well finished!

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    LOL Equus... we both got 8th places in our weekend races!
    Except mine was in bitter cold, dodging gusty squalls with snow low on the ranges...
    Think I'd rather race in the cold though than in your heat!

Congrats on a race well finished!
    Thank you very much. Same to you