Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by anaphase View Post
    Well, I don't know where the actual weight comes from, but stock it is about 10 lbs heavier. It's listed at 28, vs 18 for my road bike, which is a triple, and felt 10lbs heaver *before* I put the rack on it. The fenders are plastic and super flimsy, which is fine for keeping rain off, but I've had to adjust them about 20 times to get them right, which is annoying. So to me, those are the particular cons for that bike.
    I'm sure it's a combination, but I would vote for the frame being a good part of it. I have a road bike that's about 18.5 lbs, and a cx bike that's about 21 lbs with canti brakes, fat tires, slightly beefier rims etc. The components on the cx bikes are likely heavier too, being 105 versus Ultegra on my road bike. And it has a mt bike rear der and cluster, which has got to add weight (it sure looks heavier). Given all this the difference is less than three lbs (and with road tires, the cx bike hardly **feels** heavier to ride than the road bike)... so the extra schtuff doesn't add as much as you might think.

Anyway, this is neither here nor there, but I think Jamis makes really handsome bikes.
    Last edited by VeloVT; 08-28-2007 at 02:37 PM.