Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

From time to time I'm at least theoretically tempted to try bibs -- but the one thing I can't get over -- don't they get hot & icky sweaty? It's been warm enough here lately (70s/80s -- prob not so hot compared to some of you) that I usually don't want to wear more than regular shorts and a tank. Are bibs practical except for a relatively small temp range (60-65, maybe 70 at most)? I would think anytime you reach for a sleeveless jersey, it's probably too warm for the extra fabric of bibs. (And in the northeast in recent years, there's maybe 2 weeks of that 60/65ish weather between winter and summer, so not enough of a season to justify its own wardrobe).

Am I wrong about this?

Actually, I find them to be a bit cooler than regular shorts. Remember, there's no waist band. Because of the arch of my back, I get lots of air circulation around my back because there's nothing pressing my shorts against my skin. They're much more comfy, I think
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.