Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Kiwi girl

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey Kiwi Girl,

I'm the same size and ordered a medium club cut last year. The only problem i have is being able to reach the pockets

I'm going to order a large this time around as medium is great but the larger size might be a better option.

The AV club cut jerseys are wonderful as there's no elastic, they're suitable for Australian weather and they just feel right. They're sexy.

C

Can anyone compare the sizes to the Vello Bella jerseys? I have a large in last year's short sleeve (made by Hincape), and a large in this year's sleeveless (Giordana I think). Both fit well. I am 5'2'', 130 lbs and 36 D. Thanks, I can't wait!!

CC and Kiwi Girl, It looks like I'm the same size as both of you. I think I will go with the large. thanks

Exclamation Some sizing suggestions

Hi all -

I hope these sizing suggestions are helpful:

1. Go to a LBS (Local Bike Shop) that carries jerseys made by Voler and try them on*. Remember: Women's Club Cut has NO elastic on the bottom, and Women's Race Cut has elastic on the bottom.

and/or

2. Pull a jersey or two out of your drawer which fit you the way you like*. Lay them smooth on a flat surface, and measure them. Compare them to the measurements provided below.

*Note: Please bear in mind that the fabric of the AV jerseys (called SQ Pro) is a bit less "strechy" than the fabric of some other jerseys - even many of the Voler jerseys. Many of the Voler jerseys (including the '06 and '07 LRRH jersey, and at least last years' bikejournal.com jersey) come in a fabric called Aries Micro-Plus, which is strechier than the SQ Pro fabric. One of the labels sewn into the collar of Voler jerseys shows which fabric was used. If you seem to fall smack-dab between sizes, you might consider ordering the larger size if you don't want your jersey to be snug around your chest, and ordering the smaller size if you don't mind it a bit snug around your chest.
    I actually did these measurements myself, so you can trust them err... within a quarter-inch or so.

Remember, these measurements below are for the Women's Club Cut. Women's Race Cut should be similar in the chest area but will most likely be snugger in the hips on account of the @#$% elastic.

Since we now have short sleeve AND sleeveless jerseys available in the Women's Club Cut, then, unless you have no hips or butt, I'd personally go for the Club cut.

Unfortunately, the women's long sleeve jersey is only available in the Race Cut - sorry for my misstatement earlier.

--------------
    So here are the measurements I took of the Voler sample jerseys in women's club cut.

For chest width (CW) I layed the jersey flat and measured across the front of the jersey directly below the armpits.

For front length (FL) I measured the center seam, from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the jersey.

Likewise, for the rear length (RL) , I measured from the bottom of the collar to the bottom of the jersey.

All measurements are in inches.

Hopefully these will help, along with Voler's size charts. (see the
    Order Form for Voler's size charts)

size-CW-FL-RL

XS 15 17.5 22.5
    S 16 18.5 23.5
    M 17.5 19 24
    L 18 20 25.5
    XL 19 21 26
    2XL 21 22 26.5
    3XL 21.5 22.5 28
    --------------

I hope this helps! - Jo.
    Last edited by jobob; 06-11-2007 at 04:13 PM.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

Thanks Jobob.

No prob. We're getting this sizing thing down to a science.
    um, sort of

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

And for the second year running, Trekhawk wins with the first order in!

Congratulations! This year's prize, a hearty pat on the back along with the traditional atta girl!

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    And for the second year running, Trekhawk wins with the first order in!

Congratulations! This year's prize, a hearty pat on the back along with the traditional atta girl!
    WOW!! Good to know I can be first at something even if it is only at shopping.

Trekhawk the AV addict.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Order form, Veronica

Veronica, if you put the order form on your website, for those of us who don't have Excel, does that mean we can download it from your site?? Thanks

Nina, you can always download an Excel reader if you have to.

I'm in on this one! Beautiful jersey(s). Now I just have to figure out what I want. Thanks to all the questions posted, I can form an intelligent decision on sizing

Ok, I'll try that. When I try to download the form, it takes me into a site for downloading the whole Excel program and I really don't need that.

Just a note on the ss jerseys that I didn't see mentioned - they have elastic on the sleeves. The womans cut is a great jersey for women with hips, but I have muscular arms to boot and the sleeves are tight (which I hate). I've just been reluctant to rip out the elastic because then I have to sew it back up. But it must be done or I won't wear it.... Just wanted you to know.
    Dar

Dar - thanks for that information. I have the same problem with short sleeves being too tight. Guess I'll go for a vest instead of a SS jersey.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

GL - it's my most prized jersey though I started ripping out the elastic last night because I really want to wear it - I just don't want to wreck it!
    Dar

You know, I bought the sleveless race jersey the last time and I LOVE it. I wear more sleeveless than anything else (it's fricken hot here!), so I'm tempted to get the club cut sleeveless too.

Decisions, decisions!

(How bad is this? We are contemplating a move to Oregon this year, so I'm actually thinking about what jersey makes the most sense should we end up there! A long sleeve one, perhaps? Someone, stop me!! )
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom