Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cycling blogs?

Cycling blogs?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hello, everyone!

I'm a complete newbie to road biking and just bought myself a new specialized dolce a few weeks ago for my 30th birthday. Woohoo! I've fallen completely in love with cycling and have been reading these forums for a few months now (it's part of what convinced me that I NEEDED a bike).

I was wondering if any of you blog or know of really great cycling blogs out there.

Thanks!

I blog, occasionally about my rides, but mostly about whatever pops into my head. Definitely not anything that will actually help a newbie, but it does provide plenty of opportunities for those who like to blog-surf while procrastinating at work.

I recently discovered this blog from a Chicago-area racer. He's a good writer, and his pictures are pretty great, too.

Blogging

I blog as well. Mostly just photos, some of them bike riding. Mostly just a blog for my mom to check out since she lives in Michigan while I am in Washington.

http://www.nicoleonthego.blogspot.com/

I am a big fan of the Metal Cowboy (Joe Kurmaskie) and his blog is a good read, very funny.
    www.metalcowboy.com/blog

there is always the alaska bicycles and icicles
    "Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it." – William C. Durant

I click here to help detect breast cancer.

I click here to help feed animals in need.

I play this game to help feed people in need.

I blog...mostly about bike rides, but various other topics... It's more of a journal for me to track how I felt about rides etc. I decided to start one after having read several of my friend's blogs last year. It is kind of funny to look back and what I thought were accomplishments... Somethings are so much easier now!

Here's a blog written by a friend. Not all the entries are cycling related though. She has some great links to other blogs and cycling resources.

I'm partial to this one:

http://velobellababble.blogspot.com/

And there are links on this blog to individual Bella blogs, and on those blogs are links to other blogs, etc. etc.

blog

Thanks for all the cool blog sites! I've been having a grand time surfing them. I even started my own if you want to check it out:

http://velocitadolce.blogspot.com/

It still needs some tweaking, but I am glad to get started on it!

“Hey, clearly failure doesn’t deter me!”

So, I'm new to this whole blogging thing. Tell me, are there any unspoken rules I should know about, such as: can I link to other's blogs with wild abandon, or should I ask for permission first?
    I'm sure I'll have more questions soon...my mind is swimming with all the new possiblilities!
    Thanks to all of you for your cool links! I especially like yours, Dianyla! Fat Cyclist is local stuff for me.
    If you can read this, take a pull.

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieK View Post
    So, I'm new to this whole blogging thing. Tell me, are there any unspoken rules I should know about, such as: can I link to other's blogs with wild abandon, or should I ask for permission first?
    That's a good question! I'm not totally certain of the answer, but I think that most people really want others to read their blogs and would be happy to be "linked to". You know, as long as your link list doesn't read something like "for a good time, click...".

Lyca