Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHillSlug View Post
    The Waitress
    When did this movie come out? Who's in it? - j.

"Let me tell you what I think of bicycling. I think it has done more to emancipate women than anything else in the world. It gives women a feeling of freedom and self-reliance. I stand and rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a wheel... the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood." - Susan B. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    When did this movie come out? Who's in it? - j.
    2007, a few weeks ago.

Keri Russell ... Jenna

Nathan Fillion ... Dr. Pomatter

Cheryl Hines ... Becky

Jeremy Sisto ... Earl

Andy Griffith ... Old Joe

Adrienne Shelly ... Dawn

Eddie Jemison ... Ogie

Lew Temple ... Cal

Darby Stanchfield ... Francine Pomatter
    Heidi Sulzman ... Exhausted Mother

Lauri Johnson ... Nurse Norma
    Sarah Hunley ... Dr. Lily Mueller

Cindy Drummond ... Hospital Nurse
    Nathan Dean ... Minister

Caroline Fogarty ... Doctor's Assistant

All the details on IMDB
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

old

I've not seen any movies recently as there's nothing at the indy cinema at the moment that tempts me. I don't go to the normal cinema as it's just hollywood crap.

I do have this urge to watch the Rocky Horror picture show again I'm not sure if it's Susan Sarandon & Barry Bostwick singing in the rain or Tim Curry.. *off to do the time warp*

C

Lately we've been renting mostly action

Crank was surprisingly good, much more story than I'd expected.

Lucky Number Slevin kept us guessing - again, action / violence, and an interesting story line that took a long time to reveal itself.

I liked Unknown, but it didn't fully hold my attention the whole night.

Usually DH stays awake through all movies, and I'm the one who sleeps. But I enjoyed the sarcastic For Your Consideration - I love those spinal tap/best in show/a mighty wind guys; and never lost interest or felt sleepy even without violence!

And who can forget Little Miss Sunshine? That one had me laughing soooooooooooo hard!

Kinky Boots was really good too.

H&B
    ~T~
    The butterflies are within you.

My photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/picsiechick/

Buy my photos: http://www.picsiechick.com

"Dodgeball" with Ben stiller, Vince Vaughn and a cameo by Lance.
    Sorry Mimi, I can't provide the synopsis (its late, I need to get to bed) I think Lances part might be the funniest part of all.
    Last edited by Zen; 06-08-2007 at 06:48 AM.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

Personally, it was not a "BIG" movie, but those are usually the best. Anthony Hopkins did a "based on true facts" movie called, "The fastest Indian". It is so wonderful and insiriping...it's not new, older, but we had our inlaws watch it last visit and they LOVED it. Anthony Hopkins is truly amazing in it.
    Also, another not "well advertised" movie was, "Second Hand Lion" I HIGHLY recommend it......they are both wonderful movies, "feel good" movies.
    Outside of that, the rest are all "kiddie" movies for me these days, Finding Nemo etc.....
    I will still sneak some time and watch the good old ones, Wizard of Oz, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the REAL ones. I just love em!!!

CC... I understand about RH... I love it too! In the late 80s when I lived in Auckland, they had a regular Rocky Horror night and you went as your character and watched the movie on a big screen. Amazing party really, with a bunch of complete strangers!
    (The end of the movie always lets it down, I think...)

Zen, I agree, Lance's few lines are the best part of the movie (although it does have many out-loud-guffaw moments). Lance's lines are so memorable I actually remember them

Lance wonders why LeFleur is going to quit, and lists how he thought about it once when he was diagnosed with all his cancers but how with love and support of family/friends, he started riding again & won the Tour five times.
    Then he says
    "But I'm sure you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying of that's keeping you from the finals?"

Then Le Fleur says something like - it feels a bit like... shame.
    and Lance replies... (the best bit of the movie)

Lance Armstrong:
    "Well, I guess if a person never quit when the going got tough, they wouldn't have anything to regret for the rest of their life. Well good luck to you Peter. I'm sure this decision won't haunt you forever."

Oh, Jenn - I really really liked the Fastest indian... (not just because it was about a New Zealander). It was a lovely, gentle movie, and it captures much of that time in this country, and the "anyone can do it attitude" - all you need is a piece of number 8 wire, and you can solve any problem
    I watch Anthony Hopkins, and his neighbours and am reminded of my Poppa, and my childhood and pics of my father as a child.

Last week I watched V for Vendettta - one of those comic books turned movies I think... and it was surprisingly good, well filmed, well scripted and worth it. A nice surprise.
    Last edited by RoadRaven; 06-08-2007 at 11:29 AM.

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRaven View Post
    CC... I understand about RH... I love it too! In the late 80s when I lived in Auckland, they had a regular Rocky Horror night and you went as your character and watched the movie on a big screen. Amazing party really, with a bunch of complete strangers!
    (The end of the movie always lets it down, I think...)
    OK, so who did you dress-up as? Did you dance/act on Stage? DD and I regularly attend the RH midnight movie during the summer, with props of course! She has a great Magenta costume. I'd love to go as Columbia, but still need to shed a few (lots) of pounds and learn how to tap dance.

I've been a fan since the mid 70's. My daughter was the only kid in grade school who could do the Time Warp, and sing along with the soundtrack!

I'm a baaad mother. bikerHen

we have Netflix and haven't seen a movie in the theatres for years. My list of goodies is a hodge podge:
    Antonia's Line
    Babel
    Children of Heaven
    The Science of Sleep
    Motorcycle Diaries
    Everything Is Illuminated
    Idiocracy

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    OK, so who did you dress-up as? Did you dance/act on Stage? DD and I regularly attend the RH midnight movie during the summer, with props of course!
    I danced wherever I could be... dressed as magenta. My (gay) flatmate made a marvellous Transylvanian transexual - he could have matched Tim Curry any day.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen
    My daughter was the only kid in grade school who could do the Time Warp, and sing along with the soundtrack!
    I'm a baaad mother. bikerHen
    Mine could too... and the other one they know "intimately" is "Little Shop of Horrors" - the musical, not Jack Nicolson's first movie.
    I "sing" (if thats what you choose to call it) " Suddenly Seymour" or "Mean Green Mother from Outta Space" around the house quite often

Big RH fan here!! Used to go with friends to the midnight screening (I stopped counting my 30th time ). I never dressed up but I sure did dance in the aisles!!

Electra Townie 7D

Away from Her - Julie Christie - The power of love when a man has to cope with his institutionalized wife (five stars!)

A couple of Ryan Gosling films

Fracture with Anthony Hopkins (at the theatre) - a young lawyer tries to take on a brilliant aerospace engineer in court, a "psychological thriller"

The Notebook (Netflix) - A story of young lovers as told by a man reading to a woman in a nursing home

Quote Originally Posted by Delta7 View Post
    The Notebook (Netflix) - A story of young lovers as told by a man reading to a woman in a nursing home
    My partner and sons found this twee

But my daughter and I, though we found it predictable, enjoyed it.
    I have watched it three times (so far) and have cried several times through it, every time.

Def a "chick flick", but a beautifully made romantic story.

Movies I have enjoyed in the last few months:

I agree that Idiocracy was very good!