Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Exercise support system

To disable ads, please log-in.

I had a really hard, scary ride today that I believe was the result of me being incredibly lazy this year when it comes to exercising between bike rides. I started out this year feeling that most of my rides were a bit easier than last year and feeling really good. I was pretty good through the winter, though, at keeping up a fairly regular schedule of weights, Pilates and Yoga. That's all gone to pot since January and I think it's caught up with me. I need help to fight off the week-day lethargy I've sunk into.

I've noticed the weekly weigh-in threads and wondered if we could start something similar for regular exercise. I know I'd benefit from the support and encouragement of the ladies here at TE, and I'd bet that it could be helpful for others as well. I was thinking of perhaps a daily thread in which we could discuss the type of non-cycling exercise we've done to keep in shape for cycling.

So, anybody wanna help a couch potato/weekend wanna-be warrior kick it into gear? I'll encourage you if you encourage me
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

When's the last time you did some ab/back work? Give me ten push ups right now please.

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Quote Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
    When's the last time you did some ab/back work? Give me ten push ups right now please.

V.
    We're off to a good start. Since I do girly push-ups with my hands propped on the end of my coffee table, I did 20.

More please! (But not tonight. I have the intention to go paddling tomorrow morning and I don't want to be too pooped )
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Seriously, try to start doing them the other way. I do mine with my feet on a fit ball. It means your upper body is supporting more of your weight.

I too need to get back into the routine of doing my Core work. Two doubles in three weeks kind of threw me off. Well that, end of the school year stuff.

But Core stuff is a week day thing for me. So Monday...

V.
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com