Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: pull cord???

pull cord???

To disable ads, please log-in.

I purchased a new tri skinsuit online. It fits really tight but from the manufacturers sizing chart it's suppose to be my size. It has a pull cord on the back zipper, which comes in handy since it is so tight. My question is...if and when I do a tri, do I just keep that pull cord hanging?
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses

I keep the end of the one on my wetsuit tucked into the collar, so I can find it quickly after the swim - otherwise it could end up anywhere, and I have to hunt behind my back for it. I guess on a skinsuit that wouldn't matter, but I also find that the untucked cord bugs me while I swim (floats around & I can feel it on my arms, shoulders, etc).

Jan

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    I'm the opposite of Jan- I leave my pull cord hanging- I don't have the best coordination to reach up and get it out of my collar and then turn my arm around and pull down, so I leave it hanging and when I get out I just reach behind and it's right there to pull down on. Plus, if it's hanging down and something brushes my arm during the swim I just assume it's that and not a snake or fish that just touched me.
    Just try it both ways and see which way you like it. Which skinsuit did you get? Those are pretty cool looking...I've thought about getting one myself.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I'm with Jan--I tuck it in by my shoulder. Everything freaks me out on the swim, anyways, so one less floaty thing on my own person is good!
    Run like a dachshund! Ride like a superhero! Swim like a three-legged cat!
    TE Bianchi Girls Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Girl View Post
    Just try it both ways and see which way you like it. Which skinsuit did you get? Those are pretty cool looking...I've thought about getting one myself.

Thanks ladies, I will try it both ways. I just didn't want to look like too much of a newbie out there.

I got a De Soto skinsuit. I really like it because the black for the bottom half comes up way past the waist for a more flattering look.
    Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be. ~Grandma Moses