Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Guess who's "Athlete of the Week?"

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was interviewed last night for an editorial that will run in the Sports Section of our paper sometime this week - I mentioned all of the support that I have got from the Team Estrogen forum (that would be all of you gals - HUGS & HIGH FIVERS). I am more appreciative of your advice than you know

I also earned the spot as the "Athlete of the Week" for which I am rewarded with a huckleberry milkshake which is funny because I started back on my LA Weight Loss Diet yesterday so that I can drop 10#'s - I figure that is cheaper than getting a new, lightweight bike. Sabotage

These are the benefits of living in a small town in Idaho!!

Sulis - It is great to hear of your ride experience. I wondered the other day if the reason we hadn't heard from you is because you were too sad from the ride to post - all the while you were soaking up the sunshine! It is good to know that you are in good spirits despite the whole $$ aspect of things. In regards to that, when it rains, it pours, in my experience. We once had the following things shell their nuts within one week - freezer, van, me and my new baby girl (she was born with a septic infection and in the hospital for 10 days and I developed shingles on my face). It does end!! Let us know when you get your new wheels!

Also, you all will be relived to know that I have 3 CLEAN bathrooms. Mopping my floors is today after my visit to my clients house (for which I will wish that I was in a Hazmat suit - ICK!)

SBC Twin - Glad Miss Kitty is okay!

Take care all - I am off to save the world

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    We once had the following things shell their nuts within one week - freezer, van, me and my new baby girl (she was born with a septic infection and in the hospital for 10 days and I developed shingles on my face). It does end!! Let us know when you get your new wheels!
    :
    Oh my! I'm glad you and your baby girl got better. That does not sound like fun. Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll try and take pictures when they come in - My most expensive ride ever. And I have been riding so much in order to use the car less in hopes of spending less. ha ha ha!!!

Sulis -She's 6 years old now and fine as ever Shoulda' made that a little more clear. Thanks for asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Flybye View Post
    Sulis -She's 6 years old now and fine as ever Shoulda' made that a little more clear. Thanks for asking.
    Te he - well then I am really glad.

By the way, I'm sorry we didn't meet up with you on Saturday. At every rest stop where I ran into a TE'er I asked if anyone had seen or met you. Sadly, we had already pulled out and were on the road by 7:30. Maybe next year!

Utah, Gateway to Nevada, not to be confused with Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by sulis View Post
    Ok, I swear the money tree fairy is my enemy at the moment. I have had so many major un-expected expenses lately. And while I love the idea of getting a new wheel set, the reality is I just don't have the $$ for it. Sigh.
    http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/bik/345561837.html

I'll bet you could talk them down!

I'm kind of late here posting my ride report.

I did the 100. It was my second 100 ever. It was so flat that it was a pretty easy ride. (We have quite a few hills on all my local rides.)

I was there with 3 other gals that I rode the 100 with. One gal with us was doing her first 100.

We got a late start, at about 8:20am. It was pretty congested on the road until the first rest stop. There sure wasn't enough potties at the first rest stop. We waited in line forever....

After the first rest stop the crowd thinned out and the rest stops were less crowded.

After the lunch stop we picked up another gal who wanted to ride with our group, so there were 5 of us for the rest of the ride.

We got back to Wellsville at almost 6 pm. One nice thing about being some of the last folks at the park is that the BBTC crew was packing up all the gear and they offered us a lot of leftover bananas and oranges and some other stuff. (I peel and freeze the bananas for smoothies.)
    Specialized Ruby
    Gunnar Sport
    Salsa Vaya Ti
    Novara Randonee x2
    Motobecane Fantom CXX (Surly Crosscheck)
    Jamis Dragon

O.K. better late than never with a ride report , right? I had a great time! I met sulis, sbctwin and k80 just before 7:30 and sulis led us out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lrrh1 (3).jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	3502
    I started having some trouble with bike handling and realized I had a flat at mile 5. Everyone pulled over so I could fix my flat, this was unexpected and very nice.
    We ran into cyclesutra and her friend Kelsie before the first stop and they joined our group. Yellow and SadieKate pulled into the first stop as we pulled out and we saw them again at stop two but they blew by us before lunch and I never saw them again. We decided to have lunch after the twenty mile loop into Idaho

Name:	lrrh2.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	3503
    and right back into Utah.

Name:	lrrh4 (2).jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	3504
    We found lifesgreat around lunch and rode with her for a short time.
    I flatted again around mile 80 but this time a sag was there before I could even un-clip both feet. He fixed my flat, refilled my water bottles and sent me on my way.
    Tater was at the last rest and we had a chance to say hi before she was off again. Sadly this were sulis wheel was damaged. Sulis how is the wheel?
    The last 15 miles were the hardest for me and I just wanted off my bike. Seeing the park in Wellsville after 100 miles was a thing of beauty.

Name:	lrrh5 (2).jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	3505
    Sulis, k80, Sbctwin, Kelsie, cyclesutra and me.
    Sorry about the late ride report but I was working on this for my friends 60 birthday.

Name:	cc2.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	3506
    It was white cake with lemon custard and butter cream.

Jones

IT sounds like time to start getting ready for NEXT year's ride!

Do we know what day it is yet?

Karen in Boise

Wow, am I invited to that party?

Kano, did you get a hat? Look inside it. Veddy, veddy clever.
    Frends know gud humors when dey is hear it. ~ Da Crockydiles of ZZE.

Sadie, I didn't get to go this year, but I think I want to make it a priority for next year!

Karen in Boise

Quote Originally Posted by Kano View Post
    IT sounds like time to start getting ready for NEXT year's ride!

Do we know what day it is yet?

Karen in Boise
    It is usually the first Saturday in June.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To stay balanced, one must keep moving. - Albert Einstein

In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured. -Gordon B. Hinckley

Nice job on the cake Jones. Being a pastry chef I know what I'm talking about.
    The pictures of the ride are great and I sure enjoyed reading about it.
    Congratulations!!

Thanks, Pam I had a great time on the ride and a lot of fun making the cake. When we get together to ride I will have plenty of questions for you. I am working getting a schedule that works for my family and having time to ride in the summer.
    Jones

Nice pics, Jones....beautiful cake, too. It was such a pleasure to ride with you .

Yummy. I vote next year Jones brings a cake for us to enjoy at the end!