Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Almost a widow..

To disable ads, please log-in.

Were the words my husband said to me as soon as he called me from work this morning. He said that he was going through an intersection behind a car and there was a merge lane to his right. The merge lane is suppose to yield to the traffic going straight. DH stayed with the car going straight and he said out of the corner of his eye, this BIG red truck towing a camper comes flying through the merge lane. DH said he sped up or would have gotten hit, then found himself sandwhiched between the car and the truck. He said he pedaled his A$$ off and got over in front of the truck and got in the bike lane. As they pulled up to a stop sign he said the people in the truck wouldn't even look over at him.
    Needless to say, he said he was pulling saddle padding out of his butt when he got to work because he puckered up so bad!haha I know it's not funny. It just amazes me, we live here on base and have MORE problems with motorist and close calls then off the base and the speed limit is only 35!!

Well, I'm glad he lived to tell the story. phew!
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

So pleased it is "almost" and not "actually"

I couldnt conceive of losing my partner... I know many go through this and survive the loss, but I just cannot conceive it.

Hugs... what a horrid thing to hear... what a wonderful thing to hear

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Jenn,
    Would reporting the errant vehicles to the MPs do any good?

I have memories of an attempt to run me off the road when I was a teanager living on base, in view of the entry guard station. One of the MPs stood in the exit lane (direction of the car) with gun drawn to stop the driver. The other waited for me to make sure I was OK. Shaken but not hurt. Seems where-ever the Airmen were going was no longer an option.

Sometimes the MPs take law enforcement to a different level than civilian police. Or at least it seemed that way. Or maybe it was, 30 years ago - gaak has it been THAT long - when I lived on bases.

Since the "mlitary facility" where I currently work is an office building with a large parking lot, protected by rent-a-cops it's hard for me to compare current MP standards.
    Beth