Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Hybrid View

Cartersville GA Century

Has anyone done the Cartersville Century in Georgia before? http://www.cartersvillecentury.org/
    Its going to be my first century and Iím wondering what others have thought about it.

Thanks!

I have done it in past years, not last year. My recollection is of a nice ride, relatively flat and smooth, with good support I might have to try it myself again this year.

I did it as my first century 3 years ago. I haven't done it since then because I always seem to be travelling that time of year. I'll miss it again this year too.

I remember it being a nice route and it was well-supported. It was a very good choice for a first century.
    2004 Colnago Chic - WTB Deva
    2008 Blue RC7 - WTB Deva
    2009 Colnago Master X-lite - WTB Deva

Thanks for the info...smooth and flat was what I was looking for .

I haven't actually done this one, but the Beautiful Backroads is also in C'ville and is on 9/22. Always my favorite. Truly is beautiful and you just can't beat a century that offers beer at the finish! (Begins and ends at the Budweiser brewery!)

Jenny

I'm hoping to do this one again this year too. Last year, I was chased by a horse that hopped his fence. I hope to visit him from across the fence this time.
    For 3 days, I get to part of a thousand other journeys.