Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Now where's my Trek women's team?
    Start it up!
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

I don't mind being called a girl. I am one. I don't allow anyone or anything to make me "diminutive".

LBTC: great idea about the handlebar width. I'll look into that. It'll be worth the money to make these changes if I can find comfort.

Hi mimi. I'm a newbie, too. Hubs got me into riding tandem with him last Fall and now I'm awaiting my new Cannondale single to come in. Woo Hoo! Looking forward to doing my first century. Maybe I'll end up doing one around the same time as you. At first I thought I'd better wait until next season to think about a century and just focus on half centuries for now. But hubs and I have done 50 or just under 50 miles a few times now on the tandem, so I can see the reality of doing 100 (though I'm not fooling myself into thinking it will be easy!). Maybe I'll do it on the tandem first with him, then on my own. We'll see. I just can't wait to start riding single ... any day now I hope! (There's some hold up with my frame coming in and it's driving me crazy!)

I highly recommend you have your bike fitted professionally. My husband had a bike for a couple of years, rode it a lot, finally had it professionally fitted and was amazed at the difference. We get every new bike fitted now. (The tandem, his newest bike and pretty soon my new bike.) It's just not worth it to not pay the extra hundred bucks or so.

As for your pain, it's normal to have "some" pain issues when getting used to riding. So, make sure your bike is the right size and fit and then give it a little time to see if your pain issues go away. In my opinion, if you realize your bike isn't the right size for you, don't let your investment in it keep you from getting the right bike. If you have added nice components to it, take them off and sell the frame. Buy the right frame and put your components on that. Just a thought. I'm getting a new frame and putting my husband's components on it from his last really great bike, before he bought his current really greater bike!

Hi Mimi: I learned that assumptions were made based upon my height as to what size frame I needed by many bike shops. I am 5'6" with longish legs and I am most comfortable and fit best on many brand's 51cm. frame. I kept getting steered towards 53cm and 54 cm. Once I actually sat on the bikes and they could see the complete fit, then the sizing changed. I also like having the option of not riding as if I am stretched to the point of no return. I agree, get yourself professionally fitted, riding is supposed to be fun, not painful.

Quote Originally Posted by zencentury View Post
    Why are you girls and not women?

Is there a TE TREK team?
    perhaps we should start one?

Madeline proud Trek 520 rider.

Kabewyou,

I think yours is good advice...it's what I was afraid of hearing. Even though I've not felt totally comfortable, I LOVE my bike. I just really feel like it performs. Its previous owner also loved it and got a lot of use out of it.

I know this connection I have with it might sound strange, but I'm greatly disappointed that I may need to give it up.

Still, if I have to get a different one I will. My neck is still hurting from riding two days in a row...as is my back. I'm also certain my saddle pain is more than just rubbing...it's poor positioning. It all really points to the reach.

M

I think I'm going to try to ride the hilly this year too. I'm still shopping for a road bike while riding my hybrid, I'm thinking maybe the trek 1600wsd or 2100wsd. Anyway there should be some sign to let us know who lurks on this site.

Rachelroo, there are signs of who is lurking. if you don't register, you're considered a guest. and it's easy to see how many guests there are at any time
    if you go to "quick links" and "who's on line"

welcome to TE
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.

Sorry mimitabby, I ment at the ride- figuring out who other TE members are. For example, at scrapbooking events all of the people who are on the scrapbooking message board I hang out on way too often wear green ribbons so we can identify each other. Good times, I decided to go with the Trek 5000wsd, way more than I wanted to spend but the 2100's were unavailable.

oooooooh! we're more subtle than that. We plan beforehand and look for each other.
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.