Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Argh! Bike Fit!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was pretty sure putting new pedals on my bike screwed up the fit. Turns out it was never fitted properly! I went in today and had the bike fitted and had to move my seat up about 2"!! They also needed to push the seat back.

The shop I bought it from went out of business (I think it was a tax issue), so I had to pay for a fit from a new. I love my Cannondale still, but am thoroughly annoyed it wasn't fitted properly. I may still be looking at switching out the seat post and the stem. Right now it feels really different, but I am eager to give the fit a shot.

Best part? The new bike shop guarantees their fit and the guy who assisted is Serotta Certified. I don't know what was with the fit I got, the same guy fit my Fuji and it was perfect. Oh well, live and learn.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

two inches?? wow, that must have been rough!
    I'm glad you're fitted now
    Mimi Team TE BIANCHISTA
    for six tanks of gas you could have bought a bike.